Chapter 34 - I am hers

Gabriella POV

"How long can you hide" I gulped as I hid under the table, "come out, come out little girl" I covered my mouth to stop the muffling sounds of my cry, I was shaking in fear that he might catch me, "you can't hide from me little one"

I heard the screeching sound of the door opening to the room I was in, his loud footsteps were making me cower in fear, I wanted someone to save me, please anyone out there. I saw his feet stop right near the table, I see him slowly little by little bend down until his face was right in front of me, I screamed as the joker pulled me away from the table. His laughs filled my ears.

Suddenly I opened my eyes breathing out, I snuggled closer to the warm body that was holding me close. The room was dark and the alarm clock read 3.45am. Another nightmare with the same face and the same bloody knife the joker always holds.

"What's wrong princess?" Alek's sleepy voice startled me but at the same time calmed my nerves

"Nothing" I whispered, he brought me closer to him and planted a kiss on the top of my head.

"Nightmares again?" he rubbed circles in my back with his fingers, "no one is going to take you away from me so sleep tight princess"

Neither nightmares or dreams were an escape from reality because for me they became much more dangerous and vicious than reality. All my dreams were a lie and they would suddenly turn into nightmares. I hated dreams more than nightmares because all dreams gave me was false hope and I ended waking up from a nightmare every single time.

"There are somethings you can't control Alek" I pointed out, because I was a prey to the nightmares and dreams.

"I may cannot control everything princess but I will always try to find a way, a solution to keep you safe and with me, no matter what anyone says I won't let you go"

It was a promise but a promise that isn't going to last. A promise that was meant to be broken in the end.

"Let's forget it and sleep okay princess?" he murmured and I nod my head slightly hugging him tightly.

********************************
8.55am

I observed the sleeping figure beside me, eyes closed, lips slightly parted and breathing even. His one hand supporting my head and the other placed on his stomach. I bit my lip as I remembered his bruise on the side of his abdomen. But what drove my curiousity wasn't that but the way Alek's hand stopped me from lifting his t-shirt all the way up. It was like he was hiding something.

I traced my finger on his sharp jaw, when he moved slightly I quickly retracted my finger but did it again smiling. I was tracing my finger from his jaw to his parted lips when he grabbed my wrist smirking.

"It is not nice to stare and touch a sleeping man princess" his husky voice send chills through my body, "and especially not teasing me" he placed a kiss on my lips, just to prove his point, "you smell delicious" he opened his eyes to look at me.

"When you take a wash you tend to smell nice" I stated as a matter of fact.

"Yeah I heard the shower" he nodded

"So you weren't sleeping then?"

"When I knew it was you in the shower and there was no one else around, I went back to sleep and woke up when you started tracing these teasing fingers on me" he kissed my fingers one by one.

"How is it?" he stared at his bruise and he smiled, 

"I am fine princess, with some medicines I will be good as new"