Chapter C - Meeting You Again 》5 Years Ago

Nicholas POV

"Come on Eve I wanna go" a girl whined.

"Emmy we can't and if Aiden finds out we will both die" the other girl whispered.

"Are they exaggerating or...?" Kaeden asked me. I shrugged. Both the blonde girls were same height. From where we were standing, we could only see the face of one girl who was glaring at the girl called Emmy.

"Aiden can fuck himself" Emmy said as she huffed and sat on the floor.

"Did she just sit on the floor of the mall?" Xavier raised an eyebrow, "she is troublemaker"

"God Emmy stand up!" the girl Eve hissed trying to pull her up.

"No tell me we are going to the carnival and then we'll see" she crossed her arms.

"But--

"No buts Eve either that or I am not moving one inch"

Her voice was familiar but I couldn't remember where exactly I heard her voice.

"Fine" Eve rolled her eyes

"Fine as in we are going to the carnival?" there was a hint of happiness and excitement in her voice.

"No" she answered, "you can sit your ass on the floor and stay here but we are not going to that damn carnival"

"Evelana!" Emmy whined, "pretty please my bestie"

"Emmeline" she warned her, "if anyone finds out we are good as dead"  she crouched down, "girl I know very well that you want to go hell I want to but we can't risk it Emmy"

"Found the greeting cards" Ethan said walking towards us holding the set of cards, "what's with the faces?"

Xavier pointed at the girls who stood up. Both of them turning around.

Shit.

We hid ourselves on instinct. I peeked through the space and looked at the girls. Although I was unfamiliar with one girl, I was familiar with the other. She was the girl that drove the silver car.

"Ryker!" Emmy grinned and ran towards the guy who was heading their way. She jumped at him as he wrapped his arms around her steadying her.

"That's fucking Ryker fucking Randez!"Kaeden hissed.

"Babygirl" he grinned placing her down and wrapping his arm around her. He kissed Evelana's cheek, "what's wrong with you two?"

"Nothing" they answered simultaneously

"What is Ryker doing here?" I asked, "he doesn't usually come to places like this"

"Guys this fucking mall is fucking theirs!" Kaeden cursed as we walked away from the trio.

"Can you stop cursing?" Ethan hissed at him, "this was the project that was finalized two months after the mutual agreement between the two Kingdoms."

"We need to get out of here without catching their attention" I ordered as we walked towards the cashier on the other end.

"Shit I left my phone back there" Kaeden mumbled

"You what?!" I hissed. On the neutral grounds anyone of the two Kingdoms were allowed to do business but we try to avoid crossing paths with the Westerns whenever it was possible.

"I'll go get it" I grabbed his arm stopping him.

"Xavier get to the car with Ethan we'll come back in 5 minutes" I said and jogged with Kaeden to the aisle we were previously standing.