Chapter 42 - Cool Down

Author's Note

The characters will continue using the same names used in the beginning until a certain chapter although there might be times when their real identity names are used.

Vote and comment

----------------------------------

Alek POV

"I will get to the point Alek" Dr. Charlie sighed as he walked out of the theatre room, "although he has done the basics to her" he stared at Ryker, "she still had lost a lot of blood so she is in hypovolemic shock"

'Is there a lot of damage doctor?" Zane asked

"Sadly yes" he sighed, "hypovolemic shock is when the patient suffers from either loss of both salt and water in the body or a decrease in blood volume where it is the case with Ms. Gabriella, the deep cuts in her hands and the severe burns in her wrists and ankles was the reason she is in that state"

"Is she okay?" Ria asked with Dylan in her hands, all I could was stare at Gabriella's body who was lying perfectly still.

"You already know she has a weak heart, and luckily none of her major blood vessels are damaged, the reason she is not awake is because her body is still healing her with the help of the nanos"

"Are there any other damages to her body?" Ryker talked for the first time

"No, only her blood circulation is at a slow pace" he injected something to the line, "dopamine will help to increase the hearts pumping strength to improve circulation and get blood where its needed"

"Thank you doctor" Zane said on my behalf as Charlie left.

"Will she wake up?" I snapped my head at Ethan.

"She will and she has to" Ryker answered before I could say anything, "what we have to do instead of waiting here is find answers"

I stared at Gabriella, if she could hide and avoid everyone, why would she be caught with the Switch family. It was impossible and even if her guard was down she could have still escaped or fought back.

"Alek" I looked at Ryker, "can I meet Owen?"

"Owen?"

"I know you have him" he sighed, "there is something that I want to know so"

"Why do you think we have him?" I asked raising an eyebrow, "you don't have any evidence"

"Thorpe Street 8, one of your main bases and inside it you have the dungeons where you are keeping Owen"

Everyone pointed their guns at Ryker. That place was off limits to anyone in our Mafia and there was only few members who knew about that deal house.

"Easy there" he raised his hands in surrender, "you don't wanna shoot me"

"Why exactly is that?" I furrowed my brows.

"Simple" he nod his head towards Gabriella, "I don't think that she will be happy when she wakes up and sees that her boyfriend is dead"

"Boyfriend?" Damon asked puzzled

"If she knows that Alek killed me she will obviously hate you Alek" he smirked at me.

What the fuck is going between them? After all those years they are still together?

"I thought you knew about us" he taunted, "her and I" he smirked, "we have something no one else has and would have"

I fucking don't care! Slowly one by one put their guns down until I was the only one left. The door opened the Dark Angels walked in.

"Woah what the hell is happening here?" Daniel raised his eyebrows, "Ryker?!"

"Hey"

"Guys you don't wanna kill each other, if one of you die on my watch, she will personally kill me so Alek please put your gun down" he smiled sweetly in my direction

"Just let me meet Owen" Ryker looked at me. His eyes blank and his expression stoic when he asked about his own father.

"If we do have your father like you say so why would we let you meet him?"

"He is no father of mine" he spat out, "I just want to see him"

"And you think we'll let you?" Zane stated, "you are his son and he is your father so what guarantees us that they won't be any complications once you see each other?"

"You will try to save him" Damon eyed Ryker skeptically, "and most importantly why are you here?"

"Believe me Ryker doesn't want to save him" Javen grumbled

"The last thing we know about you is that you disappeared five years ago" Zane stated remembering what my Ma said.

"Then I guess we have to wait until my baby girl wakes up" he bit his lip

"Say that once more and I swear I'll shoot you because I don't care what Gabriella thinks" I glared

"Glad to know that" her raspy voice snapped everyone's attention to her, "water"

Ryker was by her side holding the water glass to her lips as she slowly sipped it. I clenched my fists angrily.

I watched as he placed one hand behind her to support her head as she drank. Gabriella slowly placed her injected hand over his hand to the cup.

I was trying really hard to stop myself from shooting Ryker.

"You might wanna cool down Alek, right now she is with Ryker and shooting him won't give you an advantage"

What Zane was saying is true, I can't shoot him and we know nothing about the reason why he came back, whatever that we knew was that five years ago he was the person who brought Eve and Emmy to us.

"You fucking piece of shit" Gabriella snapped, "you put me through hell Ryker, I didn't know whether you were alive or not for five fucking years!"

"Babygirl you need to cool down" Ryker looked at her.

Her heart rate was rising up with each second. And despite her injuries she started punching Ryker. I would have been happy if I wasn't worried about her health.

"Babygirl" Ryker held her hand in his and kissed her hand smirking. Okay this guy was getting on my nerves, "let's do this another time okay?"

"Fuck off Ryker" Ryker released her hand before she was about to pull it from him, "there is no another time I am sure you will be gone the moment you step out of this room" she glared at him.

"You missed me that much?" he smirked, "if I knew it earlier I wouldn't have left you"

"You shouldn't have left me in the first place Ryker, at least not when I needed you the most" she said looking disappointed.

Was she disappointed in me? Will I ever be someone that she yearns for?

And those next words pierced right through my heart because I knew that both of them meant it

"I love you baby girl" he kissed her forehead

"I love you too Ryker" she closed her eyes.

It was like there was only the two of them and we were invisible for them.

"You ok?" Zane pat my back as I watched Ryker put her to sleep soothing her hair and holding her hand.

"I have to be cause I lost her twice already" I sighed walking towards the door. Zane followed me, "it would be a miracle if I get another chance"

"Maybe you could just give it a go" I opened the door and the two of us walked out. I took a glance at Gabriella and Ryker.

"If I ever get another chance I promise I will hold onto her with my life" I shrugged.

I found myself hating Ryker, wanting to kill him, drive him away from the amber eyed girl that was supposed to be mine. All this anger, rage and these illogical feelings, possessiveness was because I was jealous of what I was seeing. With everything out in the open, I felt like I was in a whirlwind because I was numb, numb with the realization that I never stopped falling in love with this amber eyed girl and there was no going back for me.

And all I wished for now is that she will give me another chance though I don't deserve it.