Chapter A - Silver 》5 Years Ago

Nicholas POV

"Give us the key and you get the money" he said as we sat outside the café, people passing by eyed the five bulky men who had their eyes fixed on me.

"Here is your order sir" the waiter placed the food tray on the table, the five men inched back. I nodded at the waiter as he left.

"We didn't come here to eat Mr. Viotto" the brunet man seethed. I ignored him and took the waffle.

"What's the hurry gentlemen?" I smiled, "do you want some?" I nod towards the waffles. He glared at me.

"Take the 10 billion and leave or we will take it by force and you'll end up dead" He hissed and clicked the safety off of the gun.

Wrong move

I wiped my hands and mouth from the tissues before relaxing on the chair.

"Since you threatened me" they looked at me, "it was a bad move on your part so now" I put my hands on the table, "the prize is 20 billion" I smirked, "you should have thought about it before you threaten someone who has what your boss wants"

"I can kill you here" he smirked, "I don't care about collateral damage"

I chuckled, "Did you really think I'll come here alone?" they looked around, "look behind you"

"Hello gentlemen" Kaeden stood up and sat on the chair beside me, "oh don't think it is just me, look" he pointed at the rooftop where Xavier and Ryan were pointing their snipers at them, "oh and also him" he pointed at the guy who wore a hoodie, his smirk visible for everyone, holding his laptop, "be careful of him since he currently has every bad and criminal deed you ever did"

Ethan grinned widely as he heard what Kaeden said through his earpiece.

"Now now gentlemen let's do this again shall we?" I said, "where is Ryker Randez?" they gulped, "you aren't fast enough than my men, the minute you think to take out the gun and shoot, my men will have a bullet in your heads"

They took their hands away from their jackets and pants.

"Now tell me where can I find Ryker?"

"I don't know" he stammered

"Then who the fuck were you going to hand over the key?" I growled out, my patience wearing out.

"All we had to do was take the key and give it our boss George Tyson" he rambled out, "all we had to do was the exchange with you, give the money and take the key"

"What do you know about the key?" Kaeden questioned, "how did anyone of you know about it?"

"I don't know anything than what I was ordered to do!" he hissed, "som--

Gunshots fired as people screamed running out of the café.

"Hand us the key Nicholas" a man strode out of the café, "It is either her life or the key"

"Fuck" Ethan hissed at the earpiece, "Nick we can't afford any casualties"

Like it wasn't obvious.

We can keep the innocents out of our world and the tainted, they are already a part of our world. The public is best kept out of everything that we do but when we ran I didn't know that I would do the opposite of what I said.

"Leave her, if you want the key come and get it" I smirked as he pushed the woman out of his hands and the men ran at us.

Fools.

"Trap house" I mumbled as Kaeden and I ran away from the café, "Ethan, Xavier take Route 56 and meet me there"

"There are 26 men Nick!" I shut my eyes instinctively as Xavier shouted in my ear.

"I am Nicholas Viotto" I smirked "Xavier give me some respect man" I chuckled as Kaeden and I started our bikes. The men got in their vehicles as we dodged the bullets.

Citizens screamed and bent down as the sounds of gunshots echoed. I overtook the cars making sure to block the raging vehicles coming after me.

Shit.

I jumped to the silver car as my bike slid over the hard road burning on impact.

That fucking asshole I am going to kill him.

The silver car swerved to the left and right. Who the fuck is driving this car?! It slowed down enough for me to put my leg in from the opened window

"HEY!" she yelled swerving the car to the left and right trying to shake me off.

Not going to be easy girl.

"GET OUT!" she stopped the car. I got down as Kaeden swished past me. I opened the car door, "What the fuck are you doing?!" she yelled. I grabbed my gun from my jacket and the side of my shoe, "Oh God!"

"Drive!" I said without even taking a glance at her the whole time, "drive!" I yelled as I positioned myself in the car window, "drive god dammit!!"

"Fine!!" she yelled snapping at me. I saw her hand on the clutch and the car jerked forward at a high speed. I had to put my hand in to balance myself.

I shot the tyre of the vehicle gaining on us. Taking my other gun I shot the biker on the left, he jerked off the bike landing face first.

The girl turned the car suddenly to the right, the biker who I had missed swerved his bike to his left on instinct as she did that making him lose his hold of the bike as he sidetracked and fell off his bike.

Good job

I shot the bikes and the vehicle but noticed that it was bulletproof so instead I shot the tyre. Before I could take another shot she spun the car around, and drove in the opposite direction of the vehicles that was once behind us. I got in and sat on the passenger seat as she drove fast.

I looked at her for the first time, her hair in a bun as a few long strands of her hair fell from the sides. Her shinning amber eyes focused on the road. A silver square locket resting on her neck closer to her cleavage. Her ash top matching her short and the car. A bracelet dangling on her left hand, the beads knocking on each other. Her hands tightened around the wheel to the point that her knuckles were white.

If it wasn't for the clenched fists and her eyes wandering to the sides, I would have thought that she had been in this position before because of her blank expression.

"So...." I started to speak but she stopped the car on the side of the road and got down.

"Nicholas where are you?" Ethan spoke through the earpiece.

"Give me a minute" I spoke back getting out of the car.

She ran her hands through her hair as her bun loosened until her hair was falling freely. Under the sunlight she looked like an angel, a princess but a very frustrated princess

"You fucking killed them!!" she looked at me blankly it was hard to know what she was feeling. But she sure wasn't scared of me who just killed people while she drove

"I had to" I shrugged looking around to check if there was someone around and reloaded my gun, "nice meeting you gorgeous, oh and next time you meet someone like me run in the opposite direction, don't stop to ask questions and reasons" I winked leaving her next to her car, I turned back right when she rolled her eyes at me.

I am not going to threaten her, it is no use cause even if she reports me, the police isn't going to catch me let alone arrest me.

And something told me she isn't going to report it.

With a smile, I ran to Kae who was waiting for me.