Chapter 69 - Change of Plans

Emmeline POV

"Stop the car" I ordered as Carlos stepped on the breaks

"What's wrong?"

"We don't know what's the situation there so we can't risk it"

"I don't understand" Eve looked at me confused, "what do you mean you can't risk it?" everyone in the car looked at me, "we are talking about Nick and Kae"

"I know but-

"But?"

"I can't risk taking everyone with me when we have absolutely no idea what's going on" I shook my head, "so Eve, you take Hannah, Ria and Sia along with the others back to Aunt Nylah's place"

"No!" she exclaimed, "I am going with you and that is final, I am not letting you go alone"

"Fine then, Carlos-

"Emmy you know Nicholas left you under my care so I am tagging along" he cut me off

"Levin, I trust you more than anyone to keep everyone safe so I want you to take the girls and the rest of the team back home and stay with them, I feel relieved if I know you are there with them so go back with them, okay?"

"Emmy" 

"We can't leave you Emmy" Ria looked at me

"Listen Ria, I don't want Dylan to grow up without his mother, so please listen to me and go back with Sia" she nodded.

"We need to hurry ninja, I tracked the fastest route we need to hurry" Ethan spoke staring between the two of us

I stared at Levin, he pulled me to him and hugged me, "Ms. Emmeline come back safe with Mr. Nicholas we will be waiting for you" I pat his back

"I will be back with everyone" I smiled and looked at Hannah, "Han you need to stick closer to him and trust no one else until you get back to Aunt Nylah, stay under the radar until we return"

"Xavier?" she whimpered hugging my body

"Nicholas went for him Han, I am sure he is safe, I am sure that they are safe" I was assuring her and myself too.

"Alright" she wiped her tears and handed me a small pouch, "I don't know what this is but Santiago always hung it around his neck and he went ballistics when he couldn't find, he kept shouting at everyone to find this"

It was a small coin that had two lions roaring at each other. I've seen this logo somewhere.

"Sia, Carlos keep everyone safe" they boarded into the next jeep 

"Wait!" I looked at Ethan, "I need to speak with you for a second" he dragged me out of the escalade, "can you send Marinette back too?"

"Would she go back?"

"Your command will send her back ninja" he fidgeted with his phone, "just send her back"

"Are you sure?" I questioned, "sending her back means she will know that it was your idea"

"Can't you just send her back?"

"Ethan" I sighed, "I know you want to protect her but giving her special treatment, isn't going to help either of you plus she would actually start to despise you if you start interfering with her job she grew up"

"So what are you going to do?"

"Send the whole Altro group back" I said walking away from him, "Altros, you will be going back too"

"All of us?" Altro 1 questioned

"Yes, protect them until they get back to the house because whether they have Nick or not, their next target will be his family" they bowed down and Marinette locked her eyes with Ethan, so the feelings mutual.