Chapter 73 - Expected or Unexpected?

Emmy POV

"So what is it?" Dr. Alessa looked at me expectedly and I gave a small smile, "you are-

"Yes I am" I smiled, "but no one gets to know about this Dr. Alessa"

"Why?"

"They wouldn't let me fight but this is my fight and I need to go to this muffin's daddy and tell him"

I was hoping and begging that wherever that Nick is, that he would be safe and waiting for me to come to his hands. Maybe I was hoping too much but that was all that is left of me to think. Because right now I couldn't afford to think about the negative possibilities that would lie ahead of us in our path to him.

"Ok but you need to be careful Emmy"

"I will" I hugged her as Eve walked to my view, "ready?"

"Yeah, lets go save your to be husband"

Soon to be daddy to this little muffin

****************

"We have a long road, actually a tunnel ahead of us, so hang on tight everyone because it would take us four hours to get there without stopping"

"Four?"

"But the rest would get there in half an hour from the routes I gave them but inside these tunnels, it would take us a day to get there"

The tunnels were dusty and damp, it was a bit hard to breathe. But nothing was stopping us except the unexpected stranger that was waiting for us in the tunnels.

"Stop" I signalled as we stopped, we pressed ourselves to the wall to blend in as the intruder yelled into the air.

"I know you are here Emmeline, and I come in peace"

Him? In peace? That's the biggest lie of the century

"I know you don't believe me after everything but trust me, I want to get out of this game and the only person who can help me is you"

"What are you doing?" Amy hissed in my ear, "he is lying"

"Just give me a chance because just like you and Nicolai, I was just another person dragged into this game, I don't want to put my love one in danger hence the reason why I am in this place, searching for you" he spoke out eventhough I didn't respond to him, "Emmeline please, I need your help"

"How can I believe you Aiden?"

"I have changed Emmeline"

"Those are just words" I said finally walking out of my hiding place despite the protest from everyone.

I never hide and talk. I lurk in the back like a predator eying its prey before lunging but Aiden wasn't my prey, he was before but I destroyed him to the point I was satisfied because killing Aiden was never my plan, all I ever wanted was to make him suffer for hurting Lynn, Kathy and the countless other girls because he didn't have the nerve to reject his father's orders.

"I know I wasn't the good man but I did fall in love with her, I wanted to save her from my family and I know I can't make any excuses for all the horrible things I did to you and Nicholas but please hear me out Emmeline"

"As if I wasn't listening to you all this time because believe me if I didn't want to hear you, I would put a bullet in your head Aiden"

Ethan and the rest were behind me. I don't know why but I didn't want to feel like I wanted or needed to be protected. I took one more step closer to Aiden, signalling the rest to stop right where they were. Ethan despite my orders took a step forward.