Chapter Seven

Draco handed Harry the fussy four month old. "Somebody is already unhappy." Draco frown. "I will handle it. However, I see somebody stole your Teddy bear." Harry kind of smiled. "Yes, he did. He likes the bear." Draco smiled, turning to see Theo playing with the ribbon on the bear. "You need a new one anyway." Harry said, grabbing the diaper bag. "You had your friend bring the children by before calling me?" Draco said. "I did. The social worker call me when you didn't answer. You wanted them, you are just stubborn." Harry laughed getting a kiss. "Maybe, but so are you." Draco said. "That's true, I'll be back in a couple hours." Harry said. "Be careful." Draco said. "Of course." Harry said, and hurried out the door with the fussy boy. Draco put the snacks on the table for the kids, the girls and now the twins where working on their school work with Brittney grabbing one of their tax books. "Seem a little advanced for you." Taylor mumbled. "I might be young, but was already in middle school before the war. They won't let me go to highschool because of it so I've been stuck in the eight grade for now a second year." She said. "I'll make some calls, see what I can do about getting you moved. Why don't you boys give her a copy of your school work? She what she can do." Draco said. "Sure." Tyler said and she pushed a chair between the twins boys. Half an hour later she had a note book three pages in of school work and answered questions as the rest of them them finished their school work. "I'm not finished!" She fussed. "You don't even have homework." Taylor fussed. "Boys, I'll put your stuff up. Just go play or something upstairs." Draco said and wondered to Harry's office and laid out the three folders on the kids hearing the knock on the open door.

"Er...can we talk?" Taylor asked. "Sure, take a sit." Draco said, throwing a cloth over the open folders as Taylor slowly had a sit at the table. "I...didn't-" He whispered. "I know, Taylor. I understand a lot better then you want to believe, but do you really dislike us that much?" Draco asked. "I don't know you guys...and everything I tried before...They just replaced us with somebody younger...who was worthy of adoption...I stopped trying three placements ago..." He whispered, looking down into his lap. Draco walked over to the cabinet and pulled out both their folders and handed it to Taylor. "Open it." Draco said, and he slowly opened his, a paper following to his lap. He slowly picked it up and turned it over. "You...requested adopted before even meeting us?" He asked. "Because of your age, placement is three months rather then six, nine or twelve. I called your only grandparent, who even after the war is unlikely to take you because of financials reasons. He sends his love, but agreed. You and your brother are going to become our first adopted children form the war." Draco said. "Why us? Nobody-" He whispered. "You still need a family, and I'm happy to have you two here. I want to be sure you two have a family when this is over." Draco said. "Even though-" He mumbled. "Yes, because I understand. However, You still have to understand you can't hit me and you still have to obey our rules, just like you have to obey the laws." Draco said. "I just...I miss them...and The nightmares won't go away." He whispered. "I know, I do." Draco said, taking the folders back and handing him an empty note book. "I'm not sure what Harry has idea for punishment, but this one in mine. You sitting at his desk writing; I won't hit people just because I'm angry." Draco said. "Until?" He whispered. "I haven't decided. Go." Draco said.

Draco made his notes on the children, before putting the folders up and locking the cabinet with a key and then a code. "Keep writing, I'm going to get dinner started and see if I can break Brittney off your books." Draco said. "Wait, is she really suppose to be in highschool? She was doing math I can barely do." Taylor said. "Yes. Her last teacher before her father was killed had her doing freshmen school work. Let her keep borrow your books until I can get her placed." Draco said. "Sure." Taylor said. "What do you and your brother want for dinner?" Draco asked. "We...Haven't had burgers in a long time." He somewhat whispered. "Alright, keep writing." Draco said and Draco went down stairs.
"Brittany, it's been nearly two hours." Draco somewhat laughed. "I've almost finished the chapter!" She fussed. "Sweetheart, enough." Draco said and she let out a sigh. "Can I read then?" She asked. "As long as it's just reading." Draco said, helping her put the books back up and hanged the school bags with the rest. She grabbed one of their library books and nuzzled on the couch. "I'll do my best to get you in highschool. You are a very bright girl." Draco said, before walking to the kitchen and started to make the Patty's for the hamburgers.
Harry came through the door with a sobbing Max who was not happy about his shots and his ear still hurt. "My baby!" Draco frown. "Hermione was right. He has an ear infection and got some shots." Harry and as Draco took the boy. "Poor baby." Draco frown. "I'll keep an eye on dinner. He should go to sleep soon. The medicine should be kicking in soon." Harry said. "Alright." Draco said. Harry was right, Max was asleep in a few short minutes and laid in the cot. "Where is Taylor?" Harry asked when Draco walked back into the kitchen. "Working on a punishment in your office. So I do need to know what idea you had in mind for punishment." Draco said.