Chapter Twelve.

Harry got the kitchen and dinning room cleaned up, the lunches for the children for the following day and all but the baby to bed. Max did not want to go to sleep for Harry and he gave it. It was already after eleven and his shirt started bright and early at six. He carried Max to the bedroom who fussed out. Max wanted Draco, who was still awake and sat up at the sound of the fussy boy. Harry handed Max to Draco who laid him down in an arm. Max yawned and fussed a little more, but the light rocking Draco done for the sleepy boy quickly put him to sleep. "I thank you, but didn't I say sleep?" Harry said softly, joining Draco on the bed. "I couldn't...I just...can't make since of why somebody would hurt her." Draco whispered. "You won't ever make since of it...all we can do is help her recover and give her a loving home." Harry said, easing down beside Draco. "How? Taylor is also having such a hard time dealing with everything...How am I suppose to help a little girl overcome somebody doing such awful things to her?" Draco frown. "Time. We will figure it out like we will everything else." Harry replied.

Harry's alarm went off that morning at four, to see Taylor. He was asleep at the foot of their bed, in a ball. He thought about waking Draco, but only slowly and carefully pulled Taylor to his side of the bed and pulled the blanket over him. Harry was nearly ready when Draco's alarm went off at five who yawned sitting up in the bed. "Seems your talk helped." Harry said, pointing to the boy still asleep in the bed. "How long-" Draco started. "I wouldn't know. He was at the foot of the bed when I woke up." Harry said, giving Draco a kiss. "Max's bottle is on the dresser. He was starting to wake I think." Harry said. "Be careful, Harry." Draco said. "I always am." Harry smiled, before he went to Patrol.

"How's the children?" Asked one of his Soldier friends. "Well, thank you. Also, thank you for taking them too Him the other day." Harry said. "Of course! However, it's hard to believe either one of you two were once in Loudon." He somewhat laughed. "Ron! Come here, please!" Harry called for, having a sit on the wall. Once Ron made his way over and eased sitting on the wall. "I still don't understand how they can make you work with a cast on your leg." Said the Soldier, Chris. "Because they can, unfortunately. What's up Harry?" Ron asked. "I spent to much time in America. Somebody doesn't believe I grew up here." Harry laughed. "You did spend to much time in America. However, Harry and Draco both once lived here. They both disappeared after school. Hermione called Harry once I got shot, the first time." Ron said. "Oh, alright. Did you guys really not adopt the whole time?" Chris asked. "Most places don't allow gays to adopt. Having children was only a thought the last few years. By the end of this war, we'll have a dozen kids...I'm sure." Harry smiled. All Harry heard was the explosion behind them, before it went black.

Harry's whole body hurt as he slowly sat up. The screams of the other soldiers was muted, Harry only heard ringing in his ears as he seen Ron holding out a hand. Ron pulled Harry to his feet as they went to find Chris, who still laid unconscious.
When Harry was late home...Draco feared the worst. Phone calls after phone calls went unanswered as the evening went on. He sat in the dinning room that night. It was already after eleven and Taylor handed him a cup of tea. "You should go to bed...its late." Draco whispered, getting joined at the table. "You really don't mean that. You're upset and don't want to be up alone to worry yourself." He said. "No matter what happens...You still have school tomorrow...Please, get some sleep." Harry said and after a sigh. "Alright. I'm sure he is okay."  Taylor said.
Draco sat at that table until the door finally opened by three am. Harry shut the door slowly as Draco hurried over. His uniform was burnt, cut, smokey and dry blood on his neck and head, cuts on his hands. "Harry...what happened?" Draco asked. "...just...run me a bath please..." Harry whispered. The tub was full by the time Harry made his way up to the bathroom. Draco ended up giving Harry a bath. Harry had a few burns, a deep cut and his right ear? He wasn't able to hear out of it. He let out the water and turn the shower head on to get the ring of blood off Harry and the tub before he went to gather Harry a pair a warm and comfortable Sleep wear and made sure Harry wad laid in bed. "Please tell me you don't have to be there tomorrow." Draco said. "I don't." Harry whispered. "Please, get some rest. I'll call the doctor once the kids get to school." Draco said, giving him a light kiss.

"Did...Harry ever come home?" Taylor asked the next morning. "He did, but he is resting." Draco said. "What happened?" He frown. "I...Don't know yet." Draco admitted, before getting the children off to school. He got the small children playing or working on school work before he walked into Harry's office and called the doctor. "I'm sorry, but I won't be able to come see Harry for a few days." Said the doctor. "Your job-" Draco started. "Harry was sent home because he wasn't dead or about to died, Mr. Potter! He will be fine. I'm sure you can handle his injuries until I am able to come give him a proper check up." Said the doctor and Draco let out a huff, before angrily hanging up the phone.