64

Another month would past by, it was now April 6th. Brittany was now ten years old, but because of her history, she didn't want a celebration. She rather just be left alone to work on some of the orders she had in. Harry really didn't agree with her not wanting to celebrate her birthday, but for now, would let it go.

Today was also Sunday, and another rainy day, so the children were running around inside the house.
Harry? Over the course of the last month, was finally responding to the chemotherapy. It still wasn't over, but Harry as off the oral chemotherapy and started the twice weekly i.v. chemotherapy at the hospital. He was starting to be able to eat again, somewhat. It wasn't perfect, but Harry (and Draco) could see the light at the end of his tunnel and was very thankful.
Taylor? Had not been able to sleep without being with Harry and he had old Tiffany more about his dreams. She was very understanding, even if it was only because he was very understanding about her daughters. That he said was his. His locket at the base was covered in pictures of Tiffany Anne and her belly, because he had his partner and his daughters. She still struggled to accept it sometimes, but she was trying.

This morning, breakfast was on the table and everybody did wish Brittany a happy birthday, but she just shrugged her shoulders at them and ended up disappearing early form breakfast. Christopher just looked at Harry who let out a sigh. "Another time, Chris. I promised I'd leave her be to paint, so please don't bother her." Harry said. "I don't feel she should be alone today." He frowned. "I know, but it's what she wants and I don't want to upset her." Harry said. "Oh, alright I suppose." Christopher said, as everybody finished their plate.

--

Nicolas slowly walked himself back down the stairs and climbed on the couch beside Harry, putting his backpack beside him. "Are ... You sure about me in there too?" He whispered. "I promise, buddy. Don't worry. I just want you to be able to get some rest." Harry said. "I don't want to smash the babies." Nicolas said. "I promise the babies are just fine. There's plenty of room. You and your brother need a good rest." Harry said as Christopher eased back into the couch. "Brother still has trouble sleeping." He pointed out. "I know, Nick. Your daddy and I are working on it okay? It's just going to take time." Harry said. "Make the time go faster.  I don't like him not okay." He said. "I promise we are working on it. That's all we can do." Harry said. "Okay." Nicholas said.

Harry, during the break in the rain, opened the front door and stepped outside. The air smelt free for once. The war had ended and the state was working on repairing. Children were starting to be sent back to their families and daycares were starting to opened a lot cheaper so families could be put back together, at least the ones that could. Unfortunately, not every child would be able to go back home. A lot of people were still killed in the war. Nobody was currently wanting to think about it.
Draco grabbed Harry's hand, who smiled lightly, and felt the kiss on his cheek. "You shouldn't spend to much time out here. You could still get sick." Draco said softly. "I won't be out here very long, love. Just...getting some air. I thought you were napping?" Harry asked. "Somebody is kicking my bladder like it's a soccer ball." Draco said and Harry chuckle lightly. "It's a good thing, you know?" Harry said. "Yes, I know, but it doesn't make for a very good sleep. So, I got up. Nicholas is napping on the couch." Draco said. "I don't think he is feeling to good today. Doesn't have a temperature, However. He has likely just been on his feet to long is all." Harry said. "Why don't I have Christopher get him into bed then? Stay with him? You should probably get some rest. Wasn't you up early?" Draco asked. "I feel just fine, Love. No need for me to sleep. I'm thinking a shower." Harry said. "Alright, Harry." Draco said.

--

Christopher laid Christopher down in the bed, who half woke up. "Brother?" He mumbled. "Not quiet, Nicky. You just go back to sleep, alright?" Christopher said, easing the blanket up over him. "Just...sleepy...don't know why." He yawned. "That's okay. You just need to rest is all. So, rest." Christopher said, watching the boy go to sleep.
"Thank you." Draco said, when Christopher shut their bedroom door. "No worries. I went ahead and check his temperature again, but he doesn't have a temperature. He is just run down I think." He pointed out. "I just don't understand how. He hasn't done anything extra today." Draco frown. "Nicky...is a very sick boy, Draco. He is on a lung transplant and his one kidney is being watched closely and they are talking about him needing heart surgery, that's not counting his issues with food. That is currently being aidded by pills. I understand why his mom kept him close by." Christopher frowned. "I...know...I guess I just don't like to think about it." Draco said. "I know...but Nicky...Making it to adulthood is going to be hard." Christopher said. "Thank you...for moving him." Draco said.

Half an hour later, Nickolas bracelet went off. Nickolas had stopped breathing and Taylor Hurried into the bedroom. Draco had picked up the phone. "No." Taylor said. Taylor was quick to remove Nickolas shirt and used his knuckles to started rubbing his chest. A couple seconds later, the bracelet stopped beeping and Nicholas breaths started slowly again. "He...just forgets to breath sometimes when his body is weak." Taylor said softly, easing to sit beside him, keeping a low movement on his chest. "Is that why he-" Draco started to say. "He's getting real weak again...He knows to stay around somebody...He just doesn't like to talk about it." Taylor said. "I'm still going to all the doctor, get a check up." Draco said. "There... isn't anything knew, dad." He said softly watching Nicholas yawned and open his eyes. "Taylor?" He whispered. "Hey, Nicky. Let's get you in a bath, okay?" Taylor said. "I don't want a bath." Nicky said. "You need to take one, so come on." Taylor said.

Nickolas seemed more alart after his bath and joined the dinner table, but really was only pushing the door around he wasn't hungry, and still didn't feel the best, so he was just listening to everybody talk and try and get Brittany to do something for her birthday but she kept just saying no, so eventually they let it go.

The night would come to a quiet end, Draco worried about Nicholas, his health was starting to get worst and he didn't want to loose his son.