61

"Take a walk with me, then? I really need some air." Harry said. Christopher, had to think about it. He really did NOT want to leave his little girl, because she was all he had left of his brother. "As...long as we don't go far." Christopher relied kind of softly.

They kept to the sidewalk, looking over the house. "How's Draco? He does know I was only teasing, doesn't he?" Christopher asked and Harry nodded lightly. "He knows. You know we traveled a lot?" Harry asked. "I still have trouble believing you are from here, you don't speak the same as I." Christopher said and Harry chuckled. "Draco and I seen the world. People wasn't always so kind, and...I about lost him in the Philippines. He doesn't really recall how hurt he got...I don't see the point in reminding him. Doesn't do to well to dwell on the past." Harry said. Christopher stopped walking and so did Harry. "Is that supposed to be your way of dropping a hint into a conversation, to a subject I really don't want to talk about?" Christopher asked. Harry let out a sigh. "Christopher, we all understand what happened. You put your own personal life on hold." Harry said. "I don't really have a personal life anyway. I have a kid. She's mine to protect and the world might be getting better, but I don't need some stranger being mean to her." Christopher said. "There are risks, but you shouldn't put your life on pause...at least not anymore. You and Rose both could use somebody else in your life." Harry said. "I'll think about it, Harry." Christopher said.

Rose was put back on Christopher's lap, very much a giggle box, a few hours later. "It will be dry in a couple days." Brittany said and Christopher smiled down on the toddler on his lap, her little shoes long last and the hint of paint still on her toes. "You know, you don't have to keep making things for us, Sweetie." Christopher said. "I want to. Pappy's just worried." She said. "I'm certain he has a reason to worry about you." Christopher said and she crossed her arms. "I don't mean to sound rude, but that isn't any of your business. Your painting will be ready in a couple days, your welcome." She said, before she stormed off. Christopher just give rose a small pat and he heard Harry sigh. "She doesn't mean to be rude, she just...has troubles sometimes." Harry said, dropping down on the couch beside Christopher. "I get it, really. No worries. Look I get you and the misses are just trying to help, but I'm just not ready." He said. "Then stay around for a while." Harry said, easing back into the couch. "Draco's worried about you, hun?" Christopher asked. "Always, but it would ease everybody's mind...at least theirs." Harry said. "It will be over before you know it and they'll be thankful you are still around, you shouldn't worry so much." Christopher said. "Easier said then done, Chris. Care ... To keep an eye on the tots? I need to lay down." Harry said. "Yeah, sure." He replied back.

Christopher started dinner that evening for the household when Harry nor Draco came out of the bedroom. He called Brittany over shortly into cooking dinner. She slowly walked over to the man, who give her a light smile. "I didn't mean to upset you, Brittany. Understand though, I work with your daddy, I have for some time, and I see what bothers him. He loves you, very much, and just doesn't understand how you got so hurt." Christopher said and Brittany? Let out a sigh but eased to sit on the counter. "I suppose...it's hard for people to see me as grown, because physically, I'm not...and that's annoying. I didn't...mean to get fussy, I just don't like people's been told. It's ..hard enough with the stuff in my head to be okay..." She whispered. "I know, but I promise your daddy doesn't mean anything by it." Christopher said. "Okay. Are you going to try and find somebody to date? I think you should get a boyfriend, you seem like you just aren't sure about that because your parents might of been old schooled and wouldn't like it." She said, Christopher just looked at her, for a moment. "I... don't...Know yet about that, Brittany. It's been hard." Christopher said. "I know, but Rose will always see you as her daddy, she'll need another parent." Brittany said. "Maybe so, but now...Just isn't the time, sweetie." He said. "Why don't you go check on your parents? Don't wake them, just cheek and see if your daddy is looking any better." Christopher then said. "Alright, I will." She said.

She did go check on her parents, but was sent to get Christopher because Draco couldn't get Harry up off the bathroom floor, who was running another temperature. So, the twins, Tyler and Taylor, took over getting dinner for the others, and Christopher went upstairs.
The pair got Harry back into bed, but the matter of another high temperature, worried Draco. "You have ice packs, right?" Christopher asked and Draco nodded. "Come on then, we got a couple things we can try, before we have to call the hospital." Christopher said.

Between the ice packs held to his wrists and neck, and down his shorts, and some Tylenol, Harry's temperature went away, and Harry slowly sat up. Draco asleep beside him in the bed, and Christopher just entering the bedroom with a sleeping Max on his shoulder. "Oh, good. I wouldn't move to quickly, your temperature just went down a bit ago." He said, but eased the toddler down in the bed. "I felt...fine..." Harry said. "I'm sure, Anyway. It's late, so in crashing on the couch." He said and Harry just slowly nodded, laying back down, unsure if where the day went.