chapter 23

That evening? Draco walked into their bedroom to check in how the young man was doing...Well, boy. He might have been physically twenty-Five, but mentally? He was hardly Ten years old. Harry and Draco was sure it was the trauma of what happened, and the hospital report Harry got his hands on shown a little brain damage left form the blow to the head the night his parents died. Taylor was asleep, that seemed more peaceful with his head laying on the leg of him. However, Draco could see the boy looked somewhat uncomfortable with the contact and Tyler had spend a lot of the evening trying to get him to talk, but was pretty much unsuccessful. "Hey." Tyler said kind of quiet. "How are things?" Draco asked. "He...is a lot different...And he lost what...look of an adult he had..." Tyler said. "Harry thinks, maybe he regressed some. The few things he had to eat was something he could just open. The house had no electricity or water. He's clean, so he knew to bathe somewhere." Draco said. "What...now? I'm...not ready to leave." He whispered. "You three aren't going anywhere anytime soon. Harry and I are going to see if we can't find maybe a class or two that might help bring his mind back to were it once was." Draco said. "No, no classes. He didn't do good in them. Our parents...worked with him, then...just kind of took him into the world. He doesn't like teachers like that..." Tyler said. "I'll talk to Harry. For now? Maybe move your brother?" Draco asked. "If it becomes to much, he'll move him." Tyler said.

"Why not the classes?" Harry asked, seeing Draco over at the computer when Harry came out of the bathroom. "Tyler said he does better with more one on one interactions." Draco said. "You can give it a try...but learning to cook needs to come soon, he is far to tiny for his age." Harry somewhat fussed. "Yes, I know Harry, before the running was heard, Draco hurried down the stairs, Harry not to far behind him as they somewhat followed the boy going throw the house, before he just kind of hit the floor ducking behind one of the tables in the hallway. He was somewhat breathing heavy and his hand had been bitten by himself. "Hey." Draco said softly, easing down to his knees. "...ah." he kind of fussed. "Non of that. Come, let's get you back into bed, Samuel." Draco said. "...hiddy..." He mumbled. "Samuel, you're safe now. Your brothers need you just as much as you need them." Harry said. "...to...much." he mumbled. "Then lay next to brothers, they'll understand. It's late, and you have to rest." Draco said, getting to his feet. "Come. Samuel. I know you care what happens to your brothers. Taylor needs you, a lot more then he'll admit." Harry said, and after a moment he slowly got back to his feet.

Draco turned the light off about thirty minutes later, and Harry give him a light kiss. "He asleep?" Harry asked. "Yeah, but wouldn't take the blanket. Maybe it isn't the right kind of cloth?" Draco asked himself. "He cold simply be not cold. He is still fully dressed." Harry comment on. "I suppose that is a possibility. He also wouldn't let me fix his hand..." Draco frown. "I'm sure one of the boys can get it fix in the morning. Just let him rest for now." Harry said, before pulling Draco to bed.

"He is our big brother now too?" Phoebe asked that next morning. "Yes, and we have to help him get back like he was." Harry said. "What happened though? If he was better?" Phoebe asked. "Your not old enough, Phoebe. You just worry about being a good little and big sister." Harry said. "How come you'll tell Brittany?" She frown. "if you can tell us why Brittany act so much older then you, then we can start telling you. Until then? You aren't old enough." Harry said and she frown. "How is that fair?" She complained. "Phoebe. You do not argue with your pa." Draco said and she frown. "Yes, daddy." She mumbled.
What was odd? Is Samuel and the Down Syndrome boys seemed to be able to understand one another very well. Maybe they were the key to getting Samuel back like he was before? Draco suggest to just let him be somewhat of a kid got a little while. Let him get the awful things out of his mind away and get him taking care if himself properly. Harry agreed to this. Harry wanted all three of those boys around for some time, as non of them were in a good position to leave. Maybe not even in three years, and Harry already made up his mind. He doubt they would be living home, until they married.

"...looky!" Samuel said, somewhat pushing a painting over to Draco that wasn't fully dry, but pretty well done. He knew it wasn't Brittany work. "Did your new sister help you paint this?" Draco smiled lightly, before seeing the paint on his fingers. "He didn't seem to like holding the brush and Taylor said he used to finger paint. He did really good seeing how it was with his fingers, maybe we can get him used to a brush? I think even I can convince a couple of customers of kind to let him paint a couple things for them." Brittany smiled lightly. "That sounds like a good idea. Can you tell me about this painting, Sam?" Draco asked, pretty sure it was just him and the twins somewhere. "Brothers!" He said and Draco smiled lightly. "Its very good. Get washed up? I want you to help me with getting lunch started." Draco said and after a moment, he gave a small nod, before he run off. "He should see somebody for his hand. It's really scarred form bitting it." Brittany said. "Only so much at once, Brittany." Draco said.