Chapter Seventeen

Theo's dependence worried Harry somewhat, because he wouldn't move form that spot the whole time Harry was gone. Not for lunch, not for the bathroom, not for anything. Draco had a real hard time getting him just to drink the water while Harry was gone, and that worried the both of them...But the second Harry come back, Theo was back like his goffy self. So...they didn't worry to much, but did worry slightly.

Little max? Was now a year and half year old toddler boy. His adoption was a little Rocky, because he was russian-born. They had to be sure no family was left to take him, and the only family they found? Didn't want a thing to do with the boy. So, the adoption Was slow, but it was finalized just a couple weeks ago. Draco was very happy, He had his little baby boy. You could tell slightly he wasn't England or even American born. However, it didn't matter, Draco loved his Russian little boy and was thinking about picking up Russian lessons so Max could have a small piece of were he came from. Draco felt it was important he knew were he came form. Little Max was also a daddy's little boy, who loved to wake Draco up by his tiny cold feet. Draco whined each morning, but pulled the little boy close to him for a snuggle who giggled out. Max was starting to run around the house and was getting into everything so the house was now toddler proof. A little annoying to the older children, as the gate by the stairs was hard to over or they had to call Tyler or Taylor to put them over the baby gate. Making them feel slightly embarrassed, but they knew it was for his safety and dealt with it.

The month was September, marking the year anniversary of the bombing, so it was a rough day for Harry...But he wouldn't let it show, but Brittany knew and took his hand that morning and pulled him to her bedroom. It was small, well...it wouldn't be so small if it wasn't for the three book shelves, a computer desk covered in school work, her small cheese board in the corner, her art table? Was under her loft bed. The floor was nearly covered in painting drying. These painting? Were of the fallen soldiers looking down from the sky on their families. Harry eased down to his knees and wondered how she learn the details of all their families. The twins, of course. "This one is for you." She said, pushing one close to him. "Tyler told me he was Chris's baby brother. I got a special one for Chris coming, I just ran out of room in here." She said. "Brittany...You didn't have to do all these." Harry said, but she just smiled. "I wanted to. They'll be dry before you go to that memorial, take them with you?" She asked, getting a kiss on her forehead. "I might have a better idea." Harry said, before leaving her in the room.

Harry's idea, was approved by his supervisor. The most difficult part? Was getting Brittany in a dress. She only agreed when Harry agreed she could wear her shorts and one of his belts under the dress. She hated to admit she liked the dress and the dress shoes on her feet. The kiss to her head, that was now done up in pigtails, made her smiled. "You are a very pretty girl bri, Never forget that. Come, I think you are about to make a lot of widows day." Harry said, handing her the now dry paintings. "I hope so, pappy. Just...wanted to help." Brittany said.
She held Harry's hand as the service went on. She liked the music they played, even if it was kind of sad. It was respectful to their families and that made her Happy.
After the service, She wanted to be taking to Chris and Harry smiled lightly and walked her over to him. "Now who is this pretty little girl?" He smiled lightly. "This would be Brittany. Our youngest daughter." Harry said. "Only by a few months." She pointed out, and Harry laughed. "Brittany is your little genius, isn't she?" Chris said. "She is, very much." Harry said, before he pulled out the briefcase that now held the paintings. "I made you something." She said, turning to open the briefcase. "I didn't know until this morning. She spent hours working on these paintings." Harry said and she pulled out the two for Chris. "She's a little artist to?" He asked, before Brittany turned around. "Tyler took a picture of the picture in your brother for me...I made this one for you...and this one to give to his baby girl when she's old enough to understand." Brittany said, before he slowly took the picture she had painted of his little brother and himself. the lake was made up, some peaceful place she had painted, even their Reflections in the water was prefect. It looked just like them, even the scar on his brother cheek was there form childhood. The shadows form the sunset in the painting was prefect. The other one? Was of his brother holding his newborn baby girl, painted in a very bright red dress with this little bow in hair. "You... didn't have to do this..." He whispered. "I wanted to...Some of them don't have much to remember them because of the bombing. This way, they do." She smiled, before getting this big hug.

Harry let her wonder off on her on to give the paintings to the rest of the families. "She didn't have...to do these." Chris said, but held those paintings close to him. "She has a very kind heart, with never enough to do. Her sleeping is still a little unstable...and she is in highschool, she hears a lot." Harry said. "You have no idea...How much these mean to me." Chris said.