Chapter 47 - Exposed

The next day, Vaughan had asked for everyone to gather in the command centre of the Autobot Base.

If she was going to tell them this big controversy, she wanted everyone to hear it. Not just the Autobots, but her friends and family back home too.

She took a deep breath before looking out into the small crowd of humans and Autobots.

"I wanted to tell you all this as soon as possible. I wanted to share this with all of you guys. Besides, there are no secrets in this family." She began. "Right father?"

Captain Witwickey nodded with approval as he dropped an arm around his wife.

"What did you want to talk to us about Vaughan?" Sparkplug asked.

"Those mean old Decepticons didn't do anything bad to you did they?" Daphine asked with concern.

"Well, not exactly." Vaughan rubbed the back of her hear nervously.

"You can tell us Vaughan." Jazz assured. "We're all here for you."

The girl glanced around at the Autobots who were giving her hopeful looks on their faceplates, all except Wheeljack who was busy multitasking. Listening to what she had to say while repairing Teletraan-1 which was damaged during the Decepticon take over.

"Thanks you guys. Okay, here it goes; you know how a couple months ago we were trying to figure out my connection with the Project and that Femme with the same name? Remix?"

The Autobots nodded in reply, motioning her to continue while the humans stayed silent, some not even knowing what the girl was talking about.

"Well, Soundwave dropped a major bomb on me last night--"

"What?!" Josh yelled, springing to her side. "He didn't hurt you did he? The next time I see that Decepticon, I swear I'll give him that what for--HEY!"

Ironhide plucked the boy away from her, putting him back with the other humans. "Let her finish."

Vaughan chuckled nervously at her friends antics. "It wasn't that kind of bomb Josh."

"I guess that makes me feel a bit better." He sighed.

"So, what did Soundwave do?" Andrew asked.

"You know how in movies and stuff they sometimes have those huge plot twists that are so insane, you don't believe them at first?" Vaughan asked.

"Oh, so it's a plot twist bomb!" Daphine realized.

"What did he say?" Blaster asked.

"Well..... I wanted to put this as gently as I could, but considering the time I have left here before me and the others head back home, I'm just going to spit it out." Vaughan replied.

The Autobots and humans seemed to lean a bit more so they could hear what the girl had to say.

She took one more breath as she closed her eyes. Then she faced them, a stern look on her face.

"He said..... That I was Remix."

Everything seemed to stop. Everyone was so in shock. Even Wheeljack was surprised. You could tell by right when Vaughan dropped the bomb, the sounds of his tools came to a halt.

The room was filled with complete silence.

Her mother Margret was the first one to step forward towards the girl, her daughter. "Are... Are you sure you just.... Imagined it?"

Vaughan sighed. Of course she figured her own mother would say something like that.

She walked closer to her, taking her mothers hands and squeezing them tightly with assurance as she looked into her eyes.