Chapter 53 - Blaster

"What's taking those kids so long?"

Sparkplug paced floor of the command centre inside Autobot headquarters. It was nearly midnight and he was waiting with Optimus Prime, Bumblebee and Ironhide.

Vaughan, her friends from school, Spike, Carly, Jazz, and Blaster were out for a Bruno Mars concert and they were supposed to be back half an hour ago.

"I'm sure they're alright Sparkplug." Ironhide assured the man.

"Yeah, and besides! Jazz and Blaster are with them." Bumblebee added.

"I suppose you're right, but I just can't help but worry. I promised my brother I'd keep an eye on Vaughan and her friends this summer. Vaughan sticking around was easy, but now I got 6 kids to worry about." Sparkplug replied.

"Speaking of kids, I can hear them coming right now." Optimus spoke up.

"Where?" Bumblebee asked.

"Just listen." Optimus commanded.

Everyone listened closely as the music that was playing grew louder and louder. A white, blue, and black car came into view along with the blinding light of its headlights. Jazz zoomed into the room, screeching to a halt to let the kids out who we're carrying a red and yellow boom box with them as the music from it echoed in the room.

It was Blaster. It was blazing "Uptown Funk" for the teenagers as they sang along.

"Saturday night when we hit the spot!

Don't believe me just watch!"

The music grew more intense as Jazz and Blaster transformed into their robot modes, dancing along with the teenagers.

"So how are you liking Earth so far Blaster?" Daphine asked the red, and yellow Autobot.

"I'm digging it! Your planet has come some sweet tunes, sister!" Blaster smiled.

"Thanks!" She exclaimed. "Part of that credit goes to Vaughan over here."

"Come on, I may be big, but I'm not that big, you know?" Vaughan chuckled in reply.

Suddenly there was a loud cough as the group looked over to Sparkplug who was trying to get their attention. "So, how was the concert?"

Blaster switched off the music as Vaughan stepped forward, hugging her uncle. "We had a blast! Thank you so much for helping us get the tickets."

"It was my pleasure Vaughan. It seemed your father had the same idea." Sparkplug replied.

"What do you mean?" Vaughan asked the man with confusion.

"I received this envelope from your father earlier today. I was going to save it for tomorrow, but your father instructed me to give it straight to you." Sparkplug answered. He pulled the envelope out of his pocket and handed it to his niece.

Her cousin and friends crowded around her. "What is it Vaughan?" Spike asked.

"Open it!" Daphine exclaimed.

Vaughan opened the letter and pulled out what appeared  to be...

"More concert tickets?" Carly raised a brow.

"What show is it for? Who's playing?" Andrew asked.

Vaughan removed one of the tickets from the elastic band and examined it, reading the labels on it. Her eyes widened as her mouth opened ever so slowly, a gasp escaping her lips. "Shut. Up!" She jumped up and down, squealing like a little girl. "He got us Iron Maiden tickets!"