Chapter 57 - Raoul

"Well that was smooth of you. You sure are a knock out with the boys Vaughan." Tracks teased.

"Very funny." Vaughan glared as she jogged over, crouching next to the boy. "How long do you think he'll be out for?"

She got her answer when the boy began to stir, moaning from the pain of banging his forehead. 

"Cat got your tongue? Come on chum, wake up!" Tracks called. 

The boy flashed awake as he pushed his upper body up with his hands off of the ground. "Oh man..." He muttered, sitting up. He looked around, turning his head to see Vaughan who stood back up to her feet, crossing her arms at the boy.

"I believe the phrase is, we've got to stop running into each other like this." she spoke, grinning.

"Hey, it's you... your the girl from the apartment." he realized, pointing at her.

"And you're the one who saved me at the apartment and bumped into me at the orientation. And now it seems that you're messing with something I was using." Vaughan replied, raising a brow.

"This your car?" He asked.

"Well, yes and no. It's complicated." She shrugged. 

She couldn't help but notice the boy flash a smile in her direction. Her insides turned warm again. Why did it keep doing that? Was there something about the boy that caught her attention? Was it the way he spoke? His voice? His looks? He did look kind of cute in his light brown leather jacket.

"Wait... did I just think he was cute?!" Vaughan thought. 

"Don't mean to interrupt, but I've been shot at, smashed up and stolen twice tonight. So if you could be so kind, please repair me." Tracks spoke. 

That seemed to really startle the boy. He yelped, backing up right into Vaughan's legs. He blushed a bit with embarrassment as Vaughan helped him up to his feet, his hands and knees shaking. "That car... talks!"

"You've got a mind like a steel trap." Tracks insulted. 

"Tracks, take it easy." Vaughan said calmly, "You startled him. We don't him hitting his head again."

Vaughan's eyes lit up. Now she was defending him? A boy she just met? Well Tracks was acting rather grumpy.

"Oh I'll fix you up alright, and then I'm selling you to the Genis Brothers. I promised them a car by midnight and they'll pay through the nose for you." said the boy. 

"You're not serious?!" Tracks exclaimed. 

"You don't make promises to the Getis Brothers you can't keep." the boy replied, turning his back on him. 

"Look," Vaughan began, placing a hand on his shoulder. "You can't sell him. He's Tracks, one of the Autobots. He doesn't belong with the Getis Brothers. Just find some other car."

"I can't afford it. This is the only car I've found all night. I need the bread more than I need a new set of wheels." The boy crossed his arms, lowering his head. 

Vaughan looked taken back, feeling a small hint of sympathy for the boy. Was he poor? Low on cash? But... she saw him walk right into Julliard that day. It's the top arts school in the country, maybe even the world, so it's going to be  expensive. 

"If you don't mind me asking, why do you need the money?" Vaughan asked. "I saw you walking into Julliard that one day after you, well, rescued me I guess."

"Yeah I got there. I'm in my second year of their dance program. Hip hop, break dancing, that kind of thing. I play a little guitar too. Anyways, well, I can't believe I'm talking my life story to a complete stranger... well--"