Chapter 61 - Old Bonds

Ever since that night, the thought of being in a relationship as been rotting Vaughan's brain for the last few days now.

Raoul seemed like a nice guy. They both had a few things in common with each other, and they both went to the same school! What's not to like?

But she still couldn't shake off this strange feeling inside of her.

She was also someone else. A Cybetronian, named Remix.

Remix was bound to have some kind of a romantic interest before she was killed!

Blaster? He was her manager, but quickly thinking back to her "Remix" dreams she's been having since her High School graduation, that was unlikely. Soundwave? They were more like rivals than romantic interests.

But what about Jazz?

That made her freeze in her place as she was pacing around the living room of her apartment. What about Jazz indeed. The two of them were supposedly good friends. Great friends, heck even close friends! But did either of them think of each other in 'that' way?

Vaughan closed her eyes, trying to think back to her dreams. She tried to look for any signs in her mental world of Jazz showing any signs that he was in love with her. While the two really clicked, she couldn't find any precise moments.

She sighed, opening her eyes again as she slouched on the couch.

There just had to be something!

It was kind of odd that Jazz would talk to Daphine about Raoul instead of her. Her friend did have a point, she didn't normally like to take about relationship stuff. But she had a weird feeling that there was something else to Jazz's reasoning.

Why DID Jazz go to Daphine?

It was decided. Vaughan had to figure this out, and get everything straight before she would even CONSIDER going out with Raoul.

She got off the couch, walking over to the kitchen counter as she dialed a number on her iPhone, bringing the device up to her ear as it rang.

"Hello?" A voice answered.

"It's me... Can we talk?" Vaughan asked in reply.

******

Vaughan sat outside at the patio of a Starbucks cafe just down the street from her apartment.

She wore a white lace tank top with her dads dog tag necklace, blue skinny jeans with a brown belt, and her high tops.

She was a few minutes early, but she felt like she couldn't be late. Not for this.

The sound of a car engine caught her attention as she turned around to see the white, blue, and black sports car pull up into the side parking, his holoform stepping out of the vehicle.

Jazz.

The holoform wore his usual attire, the same clothes she saw him wear that day she was in the hospital.

He spotted the girl, smiling with a wave as he made his way towards her. She smiled back and greeted him as he neared, taking his seat across from her.

"So, what's this about Little Lady?" He asked.

"Well, it's kind of complicated." She answered in reply.

"Can't be that bad." Jazz shrugged. "Lay it on me. What's troubling you?"

"Okay... it's about... us." She began.

"Us?" Jazz spoke, raising a brow.

"Yeah... mainly our life, back on Cybertron." Vaughan clarified.