Chapter 49 - Graduation

Vaughan, her family, and friends arrived back in Toronto later that evening and since then it's been all work and no play.

Vaughan and her friends were busy getting their last minute studying done before final exams. Once they were done and out of the way. all Vaughan could think about was that one day back at the Autobots base.

That day that it was confirmed that she was really a Cybertronian named Remix.

Who was murdered and then given new life as a human.

One night she was dreaming. Dreaming of what her Cybertronian life would have been like. If only she could remember. Remember all of the good times with Jazz, Blaster, and her band, performing gigs, seeing the sights all across the Cybertron. 

She was so into her dream, that she almost didn't hear the sound of her alarm clock going off the next morning. It rang, and rang, and rang. Until finally she was woken up, still suffering from grogginess as she extended her hand, feeling the bedside table as she finally touched the alarm and slammed her palm on the snooze button. 

She yawned loudly as she glanced out the window. The sun was shining and the birds were chirping. As she stretched her arms, she glanced back at the alarm clock again. 

She looked at the time and she snapped. Her eyes widened, bigger than flying saucers.

It was 9:30am.

The graduation ceremony started at 10:00am. 

For the next 10 minutes, Vaughan had a complete spas attack. She kicked the covers off her as she scrambled out of bed, falling to the side as she had a quick shower, quickly got dressed and dried her hair for a few seconds before putting it into a pony tail before bolting out the door, taking her phone with her.

"Mom?! Father?!" 

Once she reached the first floor, she looked around the living room and the kitchen. There were no signs of the two adults. 

She spotted a sticky note on the fridge. Running over, she pulled it off and read it aloud.

"Mom and I had to go to work. But we promise we'll be there for your graduation!" 

"Dang it! They left already!" Vaughan groaned as she checked the time again. 

9:41am.

Okay, I won't make it to the school by walking there. Not at this time of day.

Then an idea came to mind. 

Vaughan raced to the hallway, slipping her shoes on as she ran out the door and raced to the garage. She slammed her fist on the switch and the giant door opened. 

"Yes!" She cheered.

She ran to the end of the garage, snatching her bike. "You are such a life saver right now!"

She strapped her helmet on and pedaled the bike out, her phone began to ring. She pulled it out of her jean capris and glanced at the caller idea. 

"Crap!" She swiped it and brought it up to her ear. "I know, I know, I'm running late!"

"Where the heck are you?!" Daphine yelled. "We're supposed to get on stage in less than 10 minutes!" 

"I slept in, I'm on my way right now! I'm literally pulling out of the drive way and pedalling to the school." Vaughan replied. 

"Wait, you're riding your bike to school?!" Daphine asked.

"Hey, it was either this or I was WALKING!" Vaughan answered.