Chapter 18 - Senior Year

After days of waiting and waiting, the day finally came.

The first day of school.

The first day of senior year.

Vaughan woke up early that morning, slamming her hand on the alarm clock next to her bed.

She turned to her side, yawning as she opened her eyes. The clock read 7:00am in bright, red, digital letters and next to it was a photo of her, Spike, Bumblebee, and Jazz. She smiled at the photo as she sat up in her bed, pushing the covers off her body and revealing her pyjamas.

She stretched her arms out as she stood up, glancing over at her desk. Her backpack sat on her chair, filled with her notebooks has other things she needed, and on her desk was her laptop case with the laptop safely inside.

"Vaughan! Breakfast is almost ready!" Margret called.

"'Kay!" The girl yelled back.

Vaughan stepped into her own private bathroom, washing her face, and brushing her teeth and hair before getting dressed.

A new school year deserves a brand new look.

Earlier Margret took Vaughan back to school shopping. Some new supplies and new clothes.

Vaughan opened a drawer and pulled out her clothes, getting dressed for the day. She wore a black tank top with a sleeveless blue jean jacket over top, skinny jeans, and her neon pink high tops.

She walked over to her desk, picking up the laptop case, placing the strap over her head and on her shoulder. As she did so, she looked down at her desk again and spotted her father's old military dog tag necklace.

She slowly picked it up, holding it in her fingers. She rubbed her thumb against the metal of the tag, right over the tiny letters that engraved the captains name.

"Vaughan, your breakfast is ready!" Margret called.

"I'm coming!" She replied.

Vaughan put the dog tag on as she grabbed her backpack and turned out the lights as she left the room.

"I wish you could be here today father..."

*******

Vaughan stepped out of the public bus and walked the street along her high school.

She smiled at the sight of the building. She actually did miss school while she was away. She felt like she had more fun in this school than at any other.

It's not that she wouldn't miss her summer vacation, in fact she would miss it dearly!

She got a call from Spike yesterday that Spike and his dad tag along with the Autobots to the Arctic Circle! Apparently the Decepticons were trying to steal energy from the Earth's core, and it was causing strange weather.

Which does explain why it snowed yesterday.

But all of the snow melted earlier this morning, and the temperature seems to be back to normal.

"Hey Vaughan!"

Vaughan looked up to see a small group of teenagers. They waved over to her as she walked down the street.

"Hey guys! So, the day is finally here."

"We are officially seniors!" Andrew cheered.

"We're older, we're wiser, we rule the school!" Josh exclaimed.

"And more popular." Daphine added.

"Okay, back the truck up." said Vaughan. "How is us becoming seniors making us more popular?"