Chapter 55 - College

Before anyone knew it, summer vacation was over like flash.

After the orientation, Vaughan and her friends flew home, preparing themselves for college and work. Meaning, it was time to pack up their things, and move out of their homes.

This had to be the hardest thing Vaughan has ever done in her life.

Not only was she moving away to college, she was moving away from her home town, her home country.

It was hard for her to NOT cry as she packed up her last suitcase.

Her father, Captain Witwickey, helped her move some boxes down to the car, containing any personal belongings she wanted to take with her to Julliard.

During this time, she also took the time during breaks from de-decorating her room, to write up one more Dubstep song before she left. She figured with her going to college, she wouldn't have the time make more Dubstep songs since she would be so busy with school. She also made sure that it was her longest Dubstep song, wanting as much time as possible to work on it.

She also took the time, scanning through her feeds to see that other users have attempted to make their own Dubstep creations. Some of them weren't half bad. Vaughan especially enjoyed one a user made that was a Dubstep remix of the "Luigi's Mansion" video game theme song.

Although her loyal subscribers continued to support her.

Once it was done rendering, she began the upload to YouTube, naming the song "Mind Blown" before closing her laptop and putting it in its laptop case.

She sighed, turning around slowly as she took a look around her room.

Her bed sheets and mattress were packed in the van, her posters were off the walls, a few of her favourite books were off the shelves, family photos were stored in her suitcase with all of her clothes, except for a pair waiting for her by the bathroom.

She almost forgot that she was still in her pyjamas since she was working so hard.

There was a knock on her door as she turned, seeing her mother, Margret. Her very bright brown hair that could be mistaken for a red shade glowed as the sunlight from the window shined on her face as she stepped inside the room, looking around herself.

"Today is the big day." she said.

"Yeah, I guess it is." Vaughan replied.

The two of them continued to look around the room, until the two of them finally made eye contact. Margret looked like she was going to choke up. Her eyes became watery as she held a hand up to her chest.

"Mom...?" Vaughan walked over to her, placing a hand on her shoulder. "Are you crying?"

"I just have... something in my eye." she choked, trying to wipe the tears away.

"Aw mom!" Vaughan cooed as the two of them hugged.

Margret hugged her daughter tightly, sniffling as she spoke. "I am so proud of you honey."

"I know. And I know is isn't easy for you." Vaughan replied.

Margret coughed quietly as they broke up from the hug, Margret wiping the tears off her face. "You grandmother was just like this when I left for college. I never knew I'd get so emotional." She chuckled, trying to lighten the mood.

"I'll come back and visit on the holidays mom. I promise." Vaughan assured.

"Oh, I know you will honey." Margret smiled. "Go get showered and ready, I'll take this down for you."