Chapter 9 - Surprise

It has been a week since Vaughan first told the Autobots about her Dubstep and its connection with Cybertronian music. Just like Jazz said, Optimus Prime wasn't mad. Not in the slightest. The same went for the rest of the Autobots.

Most of them were actually rather excited.

Over the course of that week, other events have also occurred. Soon it would be time for Vaughan to pack her things and go back to Toronto for her senior year of high school.

It was hard for Vaughan to think about leaving the Autobots behind. Sure they'd always be in touch, but Vaughan couldn't imagine her life without them. Sure she survived just fine without them in the past before she even met them, but this time was different.

With her father serving over seasons with the British army, it would just be Vaughan and her mother.

She would miss the Autobots dearly, especially her cousin and uncle if course. They are family after all. But the Autobots were family too.

For the trip back, it was planned that tomorrow night her mother would pop by Mission City and stay here with the family for a while and then she'd take Vaughan back.

Vaughan was busy up in her room packing her suitcase when a knock came to her door. HDR looked up to see her younger, yet older resemblance, cousin Spike.

"How's it coming?" He asked.

"Almost done." She answered. "I'm going to miss you Spike."

"You say that every year Vaughan, we always some how bump into each other over the course of the year." said Spike.

"Then what do you want me to say then?" Vaughan asked.

"Think of it as, see you later alligator." Spike stated.

"Se you later alligator? Spike, no one says that anymore! Were you born in the 80's or something?" Vaughan teased.

"Maybe I was." joked Spike with a grin.

"What do you want? Sparkplug said to not interrupt me while I'm packing." Vaughan said.

"I was wondering if you were going to say goodbye to the Autobots before you leave for Toronto." Spike replied.

Vaughan stopped packing as she tilted her head up and looked at her cousin. "Of course I am! What kind of a friend would I be if I didn't?"

"I thought so. My dad wants me to help out with dinner tonight, so if you want to say goodbye, you better do it now before sunset." Spike instructed.

"Why before sunset?" Vaughan asked.

"Because before sunset I always blow up something in the kitchen." Spike spoke.

Vaughan didn't know to either laugh or complain. It was true, Spike's cooking skills weren't that great. Except when it came to pancakes. But why would he say before sunset? Was he keeping track or something?

Anyways, nonsense aside. When Vaughan finished packing her things, she brought her iPhone along with her as she put on her sneakers and went out the door.

Vaughan took a public bus that travelled to a National Park that was actually not too far from the Autobots base. From there, she walked the rest of the way, telling herself that she didn't work out much.

What? Running away and fighting Decepticons didn't count? Sheesh!

After walking a good distance she came across the Autobot base, spotting Optimus Prime and Ironhide outside. She smiled at the Autobot leader, thinking that he actually reminded herself of her father. The toe actually had some similarities between each other. Optimus seemed like a good father figure.