Chapter 19 - Good Things Will Happen

"I, Robert Powers, your student council president, accept the Ice Bucket Challenge!" 

Vaughan and the rest of the students at her high school were all seated up in the bleachers outside at the outdoor football field. Standing on a podium was Robert Powers, the student council president of Vaughan's school. He wore a light pink dress shirt, light grey dress pants, and black dress shoes. Standing behind him with a huge bucket full of cold water and ice cubs, was his girlfriend, who was also the vice president, Tracy Rockwell and the school principal Mr. Anderson. 

"I hear by challenge all of my fellow students to this chilling challenge." Robert continued as a quiet chuckle filled the air. 

"Funny." Daphine muttered as she rolled her eyes. 

Vaughan nudged her friend playfully with a giggle. "Hey, we get to see our president get drenched in icy, cold water. Who knows, if it makes you feel any better, there's a chance he'll get sent to the emergency room if he gets hypothermia."

"That would brighten my day a little." Daphine replied. "And why would you dunk yourself in cold water for a charity?"

"They get sponsors. That's how they've been raising money that way. Don't complain if I were you, they've made over 7 million for people just doing this." explained Andrew.

"Shush! They're going to dunk him now!" Josh hushed his friends as he took a bite of his chips.

The entire group chanted the word "Dunk!" as the vice-president and the principal got the bucket ready. 

"You have 24 hours to do the challenge. Good luck." Robert finished. 

And then, they let him have it. They dunked the bucket and all of the cold water and ice cubes splashed down right on him! It was hilarious, everyone was laughing their butts off and even taking pictures. 

"Okay, now that was a sight to see." said Vaughan.

And then Robert just had to go ahead and take his shirt off. She had never heard so many girls scream so loud before. It was like running into Justin Bieber or Cody Simpson out of nowhere on the street. Vaughan covered her ears as she ducked down into her spot on the bleachers. 

This may take a while...... 

"And just to make sure you actually go through with the challenge...." Robert began with a grin. 

His girlfriend gave a whistle and members of the senior football team appeared at the top of the bleachers, each holding a big bucket with water and ice cubes inside. 

"Oh no." I gulped.

"Let'em have it boys!" Robert yelled. 

The boys threw the buckets and water was released through the air and it came splashing down on everyone in the bleachers. Even a few of the teachers. Vaughan was nearly drenched in water. Even though it was fairly warm outside, she was now freezing like a icicle! 

"I'm really starting to hate this challenge." She stuttered slowly as her teeth chattered. 

"Aw man! I just tried out my new eye liner today!" Daphine whined. 

"That was awesome!" Josh cheered as he and Andrew shot up and high fived each other. 

Vaughan and Daphine both shot the guys a nasty glare after that. They froze and looked down at the two girls, noticing their chilling condition. They grew tense and their hands lowered down and away from each other. 

"I mean, that was just cruel." Josh corrected himself as Andrew nodded in agreement. 

"Come on, it's free period. Let's try and dry off before we head on home." said Vaughan.