Chapter 4 - Operation: Power Plant

Vaughan woke up early for a Saturday morning, especially in the summer. The time on her portable alarm clock read 6:45am. She groaned, pulling the covers over her head. She wanted to wake up early to hang out with the Autobots, but waking up at this hour was pushing it too hard. But as hard as she tried, Vaughan couldn't fall back asleep. It was one of her faults she had. She didn't to take a shower, since it would risk waking up her cousin and uncle. 

She pushed the covers off her and sat up in her bed, looking around the room. What could a teenage girl do at nearly 7 in the morning on a Saturday? She leaned and crawled forward, grabbing her laptop bag from her desk and plopped it down in front of her. She unzipped the bag and pulled out her laptop, turning it on. 

She checked her emails, no new messages. None from her mother and none from her friends. She had only been gone for about a say, so she expected nothing from her friends, but why not her mother? Normally if she sent her an email, heck even a text message she'd reply in a heartbeat! She could be a little protective sometimes. Always wanting to know what her little princess was up to. 

She moved on from her email, to Pinterest, looking at pictures of drawings and such that she liked, then finally came to YouTube. She was anxious to see how many views her Dubstep video had. After all, it ended up on the radio! She scrolled through her videos and clicked on the title of her Dubstep video, bring the song up. She set the volume to mute, not wanting to wake up her family members. 

Once she set her eyes on the number of views the video had, she froze. Her right hand shook as it hovered over the mouse pad on her keyboard, her eyes never looking away from the screen. The number count was embedded with bold writing. She mouthed the number slowly, taking all the suspense in.

1,000,000 views. 

Her video reached over 1,000,000 views?! In two days?! 

How was that even possible?! No video has ever done that before! Well... maybe Gangnam Style but she wasn't sure exactly. She was so shocked, amazed, and excited at the same time. It must have reached that amount so quickly because of its appearance on the radio. But neither the less, she was just so happy to see that so many people liked her song!

She couldn't help but squeal with glee. Once she realized what she was doing, she covered her mouth with her hands. It was too late because nearly a split second later, a male scream could be heard, and Spike burst into the room, holding a baseball bat in his hand. "What?! What's happening?!" he yelled. 

"Spike! What are you doing with that bat?!" asked Vaughan.

"I heard screaming." he answered. "I thought you were in trouble."

"Does it look like I'm in trouble? At 7 in the morning?" Vaughan replied.

Spike was silence for a moment as he relaxed, setting the bat down. "Good point."

"Wait, how is it that I woke you up but not Uncle Sparkplug?" asked Vaughan.

"Oh he was already up. He's down working in the garage." answered Spike. He walked over to Vaughan, taking a seat next to her. "So why did you scream?"

"First of all it wasn't a scream it was a squeal. There's a big difference. And secondly, I was squealing because I saw how many videos my new video got." 

"How many?" asked Spike.

Vaughan was tensed at first. Would he believe that she created that song? The one that got so many views? The one that was featured on the radio? She passed over the latop over to her cousin and he looked at the video. His eyes widened as he turned up the volume, listening to the tune.