Chapter 80 - Destinies

Vaughan hovered down, her feet landing on the edge of the stage as she walked over to the pile of ashes. The remains of The Mesmerizers, Dagio, Mitso, and Sanato.

Footsteps could be heard from behind her, as her friends and bandmates joined her on stage as well.

"D-Did we win?" Andrew asked slowly.

"I... I think we did... we won!" Josh exclaimed.

The group cheered, rejoicing in their celebration.

"What is the meaning of this?!" An old voice bellowed.

The group looked over to see Headmaster Roger storm over towards them, Mr. Smith following closely behind.

"First you unexpectedly vanish from the face of the Earth, and then you come back only to eliminate one of the finalists?! I should have you arrested for murder!" Roger screamed.

"But Headmaster, we're not the bad guys here!" Vaughan stated.

"Those three boys, they were Decepticons! Robots!" Daphine added.

"What?" The old man glanced over at the ashes, spotting a shinning metal object in the dust. He bent over, picking it up as he examined it.

"They took control over everyone, including you and Mr. Smith. They used the Battle of The Bands as a way to absorb all of our negative energy so they could become more powerful." Jazz explained.

"Decepticons?—" The old man questioned as a loud roar erupted.

Everyone turned around to see Megatron and the rest of the Decepticons jump down from the roof of the stadium. And the Decepticon leader looked anything but happy.

"What have you done to my creations?!" He barked.

He aimed his ion cannon at the group, firing a shot. Everyone screamed as they braced for the impact, but Optimus Prime quickly swooped in, his hand transforming into a glowing, orange energy axe as he whacked the blast like a baseball, deflecting it as it struck Megatron in the chest, knocking him to the ground.

"You've lost Megatron, just admit it." Optimus spoke.

The Autobots surrounded the Decepticons, aiming their weapons at the group as Thundercracker helped Megatron to his feet.

Vaughan and the others stood their ground, Soundwave standing just in front of them at the front of the stage.

"Don't just stand there Soundwave, finish them!" Megatron ordered.

Soundwave turned his to face the band, a look of worry on Vaughan's face. Slowly, he turned and walked towards the group, a few of the Autobots shaking in anticipation, waiting whether or not to shoot him. He stopped in front of Jazz and Blaster who stood with the humans, their holoforms deactivated. He then extended his hand out towards them.

"He's alright." said Vaughan.

"Are you sure?" Jazz asked.

"Trust me. He's proven his metal." Vaughan answered.

The two mechs looked back at the Communications officer, his servo hanging there. Finally, Blaster raised his hand, grasping Soundwave's as they shook hands, even shared a "bro hug" before Soundwave walked over, standing between the two as Jazz patted him on the back.

"What are you doing?!" Megatron yelled.

"Soundwave's not a Decepticon. He never was." said Vaughan.

Optimus Prime watched the scene from his spot before turning back to face the Decepticons, aiming his weapon at the group once more. "Leave... now."