Chapter 35 - Father Figure

Vaughan and Spike were helpless.

They couldn't do anything to escape. 

They had nowhere to run.

All they could do was watch the monitor screen as Starscream's clone challenged Megatron's clone of Optimus Prime to a one on one duel.  

"Quite an interesting little drama isn't it?" Megatron spoke. 

Spike and Vaughan watched on the screen as the clone of Optimus ordered Jazz to hit the deck, allowing the clone to have a clean shot of Starscream's clone. 

"This is your que Starscream." said Megatron.

"Decepticons! Autobots! Hold your fire!" Starscream yelled.

The two teens watched in complete shock as both sides obeyed. A seize fire took place, all optics on the second in command of the Decepticons. 

"Did you have a blow out in your brain Starscream?!" Skywarp complained, who had Gears right in his graps. "I've got--"

"Silence!" Starscream yelled. "I challenge the leader of the Autobots, the great and powerful Optimus Prime to a one on one battle to the finish."

"How are you going to tell which one to take on?" Ironhide shot.

"Rah! This is the one that I will destroy!" Starscream declared, pointing at the clone.

"So what happens if one of you wins?" Trailbreaker asked.

Starscream's clone cupped his chin, thinking. "The loser and his troops must leave the area and never return."

"Agreed." the Optimus clone nodded. "Let's get on with it." 

"Then let the contest begin." said Skywarp. 

The other Autobots and Decepticons moved out of the way, far enough for the clones to battle. Vaughan and Spike watched with shocked eyes as the two fought. Shots deflecting off each other, lasers flying everywhere as Optimus' clone ran for cover behind a few rock pillars, the other Autobots bolting out of the way.

When Starscream's clone was too busy celebrating, the Optimus clone sprang up with a surprise attack, firing a shot and completely blowing up the Starscream clone. Vaughan gasped at the sight. She couldn't believe Megatron's plan might actually work!

"Listen up Autobots! This Optimus Prime just took out the Decepticons second in command. He can't be working for Megatron." Trailbreaker realized.

"Which means he must be the real Optimus Prime." Gears added.

"No...." Vaughan mouthed. "No, no, no!" She whispered. 

"What are your orders Prime?" Huffer asked. 

"Follow me Autobots, into the crevice." Megatron spoke through his microphone which transferred over to the Optimus clone. He led the way as the Autobots walked towards the crevice. "We must investigate the source of these energy readings."

"Turn back! Don't listen to him!" Vaughan yelled. 

She had a feeling it was hopeless for the Autobots to hear her, but she felt like she had to do something! But what? Soundwave had disabled her powers! Speaking of which, after the girl spoke, Soundwave held a tighter grip on her. 

"Autobots, do not follow him!" The real Optimus ordered. 

"Hey man, the real Optimus Prime would never chicken out from a recon mission." Jazz replied. 

"Please, please, Jazz listen to him!" Vaughan screamed in her head. 

"Right, we follow him." Ratchet agreed, nodding along with Jazz.