Chapter 60 - DJ Got Us Falling In Love

Before I begin this update, I just want to let everyone know...

I am NOT ending the VaughanXJazz shipping that's been stirring around. You will all find out why later in the story. ;)

Alright then, on with the show! *lights dim and the stage curtain rises*

*******

Blaster and Tracks thought it wouldn't be such a good idea for Vaughan and the others to go back to the club. Especially since the whole incident with that gang who were chasing after them. 

With nothing else to do on a Saturday night, the four of them decided to head on home and let the Autobots do their thing. While Vaughan was reluctant at first, wanting to get a piece of the action, she gave in when Blaster told her that if she used her powers out in the open, it could get her exposed. 

So now the four of them were on a subway train heading back to Julliard, taking the train that rode up on one of those monorail tracks above the city streets. 

Raoul's friends were taking it hard as well. 

"Hey, he could have been lying you know." Rocksteady complained, siting in a seat next to Poplock, while Raoul and Vaughan stood in front of them, hanging onto the metal bars. 

"Let's just hope Blaster and Tracks find something out." said Raoul. 

"Besides, if they do find something, they're bound to call us. We kind of did get them into this mess." Vaughan added.

After standing around, the train seemed to increase its speed. It was getting harder for Vaughan to keep her balance and stay still. She tightened her grip on the metal bar, keeping herself from sliding across the floor of the train. 

"What the--?"

"Yo is it me, or did this bucket just put on some speed?" Raoul spoke up.

"It's not just you Raoul, this is getting freaky!" Raoul replied with a yelp.

The train was going so fast that the next station passed by right before their eyes. Images of the people and structures flashed by through the windows, then vanished in the blink of an eye. 

"Hey, that was out stop!" Poplock squealed. "The train should have stopped!"

The train continued to go faster and faster as other passengers in the same cart and ones before it began to frolic into a panic. Some people even went so far as to climb out through the windows! 

"This train is out of control!" Rocksteady yelled over the wind. The speed of the train forced him out of his seat. Before he could slide down across the floor, he grabbed the metal arm rest of his seat, keeping him in place as Poplock grabbed on to another metal pole.

Vaughan was beginning to lose the grip on her pole. She kept pulling herself back towards it, but the force was becoming too strong for her. When her fingers caved in, a hand caught her wrist as Raoul pulled with all his might. "I got you!"

Vaughan grabbed Raoul's arm with her other hand, using it to pull herself towards him as Raoul reeled her in. She caught the boy in a frightened hug, hanging onto the boy for dear life as he kept one arm around her and the other on the metal bar to keep him steady.

"The express should be this fast!" said Rocksteady.

"Express nothing! This train is out of control!" Poplock stated, nearly losing his hat from the wind.

"Try the emergency brake!" Vaughan yelped. 

Raoul secured Vaughan's hands on the bar before making a break for the red wire that was stationed near the ceiling on the right side of the train  cart. He pulled on it with all of his might, the alarms sounding off, but the train showed no signs of stopping. He pulled on it harder, using his foot for support, but the wire broke off!