Chapter 37 - Personalities

After making more of Sparkplug's Personality Exchangers, Vaughan, her uncle, Jazz, and Bluestreak ventured off into the city, searching for Ratchet and Hound. 

Thankfully Jazz had a fix on Ratchet and Hound's location. Bad to the circuit they may be right now, but their tracking signals were still function. It appeared they were in the run down area of the city, chasing a middle aged woman. She had red hair in a pony tail with blue eyes, glasses, wore a lab coat with a yellow shirt, blue skirt, and black high heels. 

As Jazz pulled off to the side, allowing Vaughan and Sparkplug to get out, the girl watched as Dr. Heartings jumped into an empty dumpster and closed the lid. While Vaughan and the others hid behind the wall of the next building over, Hound emerged, searching the dumpsters. He picked one up, ripping it to shreds as he slammed it to the ground.

Before he was about to pick up the dumpster where Dr. Heartings was hiding in, Jazz ran out, catching his attention. "Hold on Hound!" The green Autobot stopped, turning around to face him. Once spotting him, Hound picked up the dumpster anyway and tossed it right at him. Jazz ran out of the way as the dumpster hit the wall, Dr. Heartings tumbling out. 

Vaughan and Sparkplug caught her attention, waving her over as she ran for cover. Once she was safe, Sparkplug moved in, placing one of his Exchangers on Hounds leg. The electrical surge coursed through his body and his optics colour changed back to blue.

"That's our cue. This way!" Vaughan led Dr. Heartings down the alley and as they were turning to the right, the two of them ran straight into Ratchet. "Uh oh..."

"The plans, give them to me!" Ratchet snarled as he reach out for them. 

"No!" the Doctor yelled.

Jazz managed to swoop right in, smacking an Exchanger right on Ratchet's arm. There was an electrical surge followed by an optic colour change.

"Yes!" Vaughan cheered. "Now it's just Optimus and the others left."

********

Jazz picked up Skyfire's signal a few seconds later, and within moments he, Vaughan, Sparkplug, Dr. Heartings, Hound, Bluestreak, and Ratchet were driving across the desert, spotting Skyfire flying right over an air force cargo plane. 

The two pilots escaped in time, using parachutes to evacuate just before Skyfire blew the plane right out of the sky. The Autobots pulled to the side, allowing the humans to exit before they transformed into their robot modes.

"Whoa!" Vaughan exclaimed.

"Did you see that?!" Hound looked around at the other Autobots.

"It looks like Skyfire is carrying out Megatron's orders too." said Bluestreak.

"With his speed we might be able to stop the Decepticons before the rocket launches!" Ratchet realized.

"But how are we going to get this personality exchanger up to him? He's so high up!" Sparkplug asked.

"I could try shooting it up there with my soundwaves. But they might damage them though, and if that happens, Skyfire won't change back." I thought a loud.

"Those things are magnetic right?" Hound asked.

"Yeah, why?" Sparkplug asked in reply.

Hound smiled, pulling out a gun. "If I fire one of those from my Particle Beam Gun, and if my aim isn't too crummy---"

"Stop talking and start shooting!" Sparkplug grinned as he handed Hound the exchanger. Hound hooked the exchanger to the end of his gun and aimed it up in the air, scanning Skyfire.