Chapter 33 - Demobilized

Vaughan stood behind Jazz's leg, hiding from Megatron and his Decepticon forces. At least to the best of her abilities. 

"Give me the device now, Optimus Prime!" Megatron ordered.

"Try and take it Mega-turkey!" Trailbreaker mocked.

"So be it." Megatron replied. "Fire!"

The Decepticons open fired on the Autobots, Jazz kneeling down to protect his human friend. But Trailbreaker activated his force shield, protecting him and the others from the blaster fire. "Nothing like a force shield to take out the sting of laser fire!"

"Fool!" Starscream growled, pointing a finger at Megatron. "We could have taken them out, and reacquired Project: Remix! But you just had to have this ridiculous immobilizer!"

Vaughan tensed as she watched the seeker transform into his jet mode and flew up into the air, making a U-Turn as he rushed back down straight for them. 

"Starscream is going to penetrate our force shield!" said Bumblebee.

"Oh yeah? Not if I can help it." Sideswipe grinned.

The red Autobot ran forward, leaping up into the air as he caught Starscream, pushing him to the side as the two crashed to the ground, Starscream's laser fire striking his own team mates instead. Once the force shield, the Autobots saw their chance.

"Autobots, open fire!" Optimus commanded. 

Vaughan, Spike, and Sparkplug quickly ran for cover, hiding behind a large boulder as the Autobots fired back at the Decepticons who took cover in the forest, hiding behind the trees. Skywarp fired a missile near the humans as Sparkplug pushed the teenagers down to the ground. The missile just missed them, though it struck a tree right next to Jazz as the Autobot jumped for cover. 

Once the coast was clear, Sparkplug pushed the teens forward, the two of them running into the woods when they spotted Ironhide. Where the heck was he before all of this? Vaughan knew that he was supposed to be standing guard but this was just ridiculous! 

And a girl was with him?!

She had long blonde hair, blue eyes, light skin, wore a light blue long sleeve blouse with dark blue jeans, and brown boots. 

"Spike, Vaughan! Over here!" Ironhide called out, waving them over. 

"Carly?!" Spike asked with surprise as he and his cousin ran up to the duo. "What do you think you're doing?"

"Wait, is that the girl from the arcade that I heard about?" Vaughan asked. 

But before she could get an answer, another missile came flying their way, striking a tree as it broke and began tipping their way.

"Running for cover!" the blonde squealed as the four of them ran for cover.  

Missiles were just flying everywhere thanks to Starscream's clumsiness. Vaughan watched as Megatron transformed into his gun mode, landing in Soundwave's hand. The Communications Officer fired at the missile, nailing it but also striking a tree, which landed flat on Optimus Prime, causing him to topple to the ground, dropping the Immobilizer.

"Optimus!" Vaughan called out. 

"I gotta keep the Immobilizer away from Megatron." said Ironhide as he ran forward, diving for the device as he was shot in the chest, being knocked to the side by the blast. The teens gasped at the sight as Megatron transformed back into his robot mode, letting out a menacing laugh as he did so.

"This is all my fault!" Carly frowned.

"Your fault?" Vaughan asked with confusion.

The three of them watched as Starscream walked over, picking up the device. Only for Ironhide to fire a strange orange goo from his hand. It stuck onto Starscream's feet, making him unable to move.