Chapter 66 - Drop That Bass

The next morning, Vaughan and the others, including Jazz, were at the apartment complex of Rocksteady.

Since Jazz agreed to be the bass player of the band, he would obviously need a bass guitar.

Now I know what you are all thinking. Why not just go back to the music shop? Well, Josh's uncle wasn't exactly all that happy about Raoul's transformation. Sure he didn't show any emotion about it, but on the inside, he was blowing a gasket.

So instead, Rocksteady spoke up, saying that he had a bass guitar back his family's apartment that Jazz could borrow.

But by the time Vaughan and her friends got there, it appeared that Rocksteady's grandmother was having a yard sale.

And it appeared that she had sold his bass.

They've been trying to talk to her for the past half hour, trying to make her squeal. But finally after some carefully charisma from her grandson, she finally started to talk.

"Okay grandma, one more time. When you accidentally sold my bass in the yard sale, who did you sell it to?" Rocksteady asked.

Vaughan and Daphine looked at the elderly woman with pleading eyes, holding each others hands. A force of habit the two developed when they were younger.

"Oh! Well, I sold it to the owners of that new Pawn Shop downtown... uh, Flippity Flap or something like that." She answered.

The others sighed with relief as Rocksteady gave his grandmother a much needed hug. "Thanks grandma. I'll be home in time for dinner." He waved as he and the others ran down the street.

******

The gang took a Taxi Van to the downtown area, just passing by Town Square. The van pulled up in front of the shop as everyone poured out.

"Well this must be it." said Andrew.

"Kind of small for a Pawn Shop though. Even in New York." Josh replied.

"So you think what happened back at the music shop will happen in here?" Daphine asked.

"Wait, you mean that whole transformation thing you guys mentioned yesterday?" Jazz clarified.

"Yeah... I guess there's only one way to find out." said Vaughan as she pushed the door open, leading the group inside.

They glanced around the room and they could already tell it didn't look like much. There were fancy nick-nacks here and there, but nothing really worth buying. Except for one thing.

Two employees emerged from the back room, wide smiles on their faces. "Welcome To The Flip Flap Brothers Pawn Shop! You want it? We got it!" The one to the left exclaimed.

"Need a pogo stick? Or a bowling ball? A toy clown? Whatever this is?" The one to the right suggested, showing items left or right.

"We'd like that bass." Rocksteady proclaimed, pointing out the instrument in the display window.

One of the employees walked over, removing it from its neck holder and showed it to them. "I can give you this bass for a non-negotiate price of $1000."

"What?!" Everyone exclaimed.

"But you only payed that old lady $2 for it!" Daphine stated.

"Yes well," The employee began as he handed the bass to his brother. "We to cover our overhead and transportation costs."

Vaughan was starting to look worried. They didn't have $1000 in their pockets. Now how were they supposed to get that bass? She gasped quietly as she noticed Jazz's holoform stepping forward.