Chapter 12 - Meeting The Whiz Kid

The next morning as Vaughan walked down the stairs and into the kitchen, she saw Spike talking on the phone with someone as he made breakfast.

"No way, are you serious Chip? That's awesome! I'll even bring Bumblebee with us. Okay, see you later. Bye."

"Chip? So after almost two months of summer vacation, now you give your buddy Chip a call to come see me?" Vaughan teased. "Talk about cutting it a little too close Spike, I leave in a week."

"Well in my defence, you, me, and my dad were helping giant alien robots who were protecting our planet from another group of alien robots who were trying to blast us." Spike grinned.

"Point taken." Vaughan replied as she sat on the kitchen stool, pouring some milk.

"Anyways, Chip called because he was inviting us to check out where he works. A government science lab!" Spike said.

Vaughan nearly spit ticked all over the boy when she heard that. She knew that Chip was a genius, but he's THAT BIG of a genius? Working in a government lab?! "Shut up!"

"I know! He even asked if the Autobots wanted to check it out, and since Bumblebee is stopping by today I figured we let him tag along with us."

News about the Autobots and Decepticons were really starting to spread on the news lately. In fact the U.S. Armed forces and the Autobots had secretly formed a partnership with each other. Vaughan and Spike hang out with the Autobots practically everyday and they didn't know a single peep about it! It was only until Optimus quietly brought it up to the girl as she and her family were leaving the base yesterday with her mother going back home without her.

In facts the news has been so big nobody even talked about Vaughan's new song yet. Dubstep was taking a strange turn in the news lately. This made Vaughan wonder... Did her father hear the news?

"So what's the game plan?" She asked.

"Well, Bumblebee is meeting us here and then we're picking up Chip on the way over to his work." He explained.

"Got'cha, I should go get ready."

Once, she drank another and more improved glass of milk, Vaughan went back upstairs, showered and got dressed for the day. She wore her everyday clothes, her new shoes her mother got her, and... Something else.

Just before she was about to leave the room, she looked over at her desk to see a necklace she left there. She looked at it, picking it up and holding it close to her face. Her fathers dog tag. She placed the chain over her head and put the necklace on.

She thought how he would have loved to see something like the place Chip was working at. He was a bit of science know-it-all too.

Once he reached downstairs, Spike was putting his yellow boots on and opening the front door to see Bumblebee in his vehicle mode. "Great timing Vaughan, 'Bee is here."

"Then let's stop stalling and go!"

The two teens left the house and piled inside Bumblebee. Spike got in the driver seat while Vaughan hooped into the back seat to allow Chip to take the front when they picked him up.

"Good to see you still hanging around Vaughan." Bumblebee greeted as he began driving down the road.

"It's good to still be around Bumblebee." Vaughan smiled.

"Where to Spike?" Bumblebee asked.

"First to Central Boulevard to pick up a friend, then off to the Mission City Science Lab." Spike answered.

"You got it."

************

Once the three of them picked up Chip from his house, Vaughan and the boy genius had a lot go catching up to do. While on the ride over to the lab, the two chatted about school, what they did in the summer, the whole deal.