Chapter 27 - Get Back Up

At first there was darkness. 

Nothing.

Just black. 

And then, a light slowly flashed in her eyes. Followed by... music? She opened her eyes slowly, her vision was still as blurry as ever when she collapsed back on that island. After using.... well, doing whatever she did to the Decepticon warship. One second she was fine, the next she felt weak and couldn't function properly.

She could make out a bright light, and a white painted ceiling. A slight breeze blew on her from the side. It was a little cold for a late September. But why though? She looked around to her left to see a light blue wallpaper and a large window with a view of the major highway of Mission City, the downtown area could be seen in the distance. The sky looked a little grim, suggesting that it was early evening. 

The window was open. That's where the breeze was coming from. But what about the music. As Vaughan turned her head the other way, she spotted a food tray on a table at the end of the bed she appeared to be laying on. Also on the table was her iPhone connected to a small speaker, playing a song. 

As she kept turning her head to the right, she saw a chair next to her bed with a brown jacket hanging from it. Was someone sitting their earlier? What was this place?

Vaughan looked down at her arms to see she was covered with three layers of bed covers, was wearing a strange gown, and something was connected to her arm. A needle. She followed the tube like wire to a small pouch with a strange liquid in it that seeped through the tube and into her arm through the needle.

And that's when it hit her.

"Holy crap I'm in the hospital." she muttered. 

She heard footsteps coming from the far end of her hospital room. A nurse entered the room, looking down at a clipboard as she proceeded inside, not even looking at her. 

"Excuse me?" Vaughan spoke up.

The nurse shot her head up and actually yelp with shock when she heard the girls voice, that she threw her hands in the air, dropping her clipboard and covering her mouth with her hands. 

"Y-y-y-you're awake!" She exclaimed. 

"Yeah? Is something wrong?" Vaughan asked with concern.

"No, no, no, no, no, not at all." the nurse replied, picking up the papers and the clipboard. "This is wonderful!"

Vaughan watched as the nurse stood back up, reorganizing her papers. She then bolted out of the room, and she heard her yelp again and yelling with, joy. Like she was talking to someone. Then Vaughan heard more footsteps, but this time they sounded like someone was running. No wait, not someone. Two someones. 

She then watched as Spike and Sparkplug ran into the room, coming to a halt when they saw the girl awake in bed. 

"Vaughan!" Sparkplug exclaimed.

"Holy crap cous!" Spike yelled as the two of them came to her bedside, Spike hugging her for deal life. "We thought we lost you!"

"Well, you will if you keep bear hugging me like that!" Vaughan teased with a gasp for breath. 

Spike blushed a little as he released his cousin from the hug, her uncle moving in to show his own affection to his niece. "We were so worried about you. All of us. Me, Spike, your mother, and the Autobots."

"Whoa wait, you guys are acting like I haven't moved for days." said Vaughan. "What's going on?" 

Spike and Sparkplug tensed as they looked at the girl. It was then she realized she already had her answer. But she wanted to be sure.