Chapter 63 - Transform

Blaster fire echoed across the street. People screaming and shouting, running for cover.

Vaughan and her friends were all having lunch together that day outside at the front of the school.

The Autobots had evacuated the students and other citizens back into the school, making their way down to the lower levels and barricading themselves inside the dance halls.

Various students huddled into each of their own little groups, watching live feeds of the battle between the Autobots and the Decepticons on their phones and tablets.

Vaughan wanted to see the fight as well, but as per usual, her iPhone was living on a dead battery again. That stupid new game she got wouldn't stop draining her battery!

She sat in a circle with Daphine, Josh, Andrew, Raoul, and Spike. The new transfer student, Oto also joined the group.

"You think the 'Bots are holding up alright?" Daphine asked the group.

"This is the Autobots we're talking about here. They've got this one in the bag." Raoul assured her.

"I have heard stories about the Autobots back home. I never imagined I'dn actually experience something like this." Oto spoke up.

"Nothing to worry about Oto. The Autobots know what they're doing." Josh replied.

There was a loud 'BOOM' as the room shook, everyone flinched as their voices hushed, listening for anything out of the ordinary.

Vaughan glanced over at the barricade over at the doorway that led back up to the main floor of the school. The shock caused a few things to topple over, revealing a small entry way.

She glanced over a group beside them, catching a glimpse at one of the live news feeds on a tablet. But the image she saw on screen made her nearly scream.

Blaster and Jazz were broken down, beaten up. They were at the mercy of the Decepticons, being held at gun point by Megatron and Starscream. Oddly enough, as Vaughan scanned the crowd of the Decepticon army, Soundwave was nowhere to be found.

"Megatron, release them!" Optimus ordered, pointing his gun at the Decepticon leader.

"I think not, Optimus Prime." Megatron replied. "Not until you give me what I want."

"And what would that be?" Optimus asked.

"Project: Remix." Megatron growled.

Vaughan gasped, covering her mouth as she did so.

"Wait, isn't that the name of—" Andrew spoke slowly, the information processing in his mind before it suddenly clicked before him. "Oh, dang!"

"What are you going to do?" Daphine asked her friend.

"I don't think there's anything else I can do. I should probably go up there. I can't risk Jazz and Blaster's lives." Vaughan replied.

"But if you try to sneak out, the teachers will catch you." Raoul stated quietly, not wanting to draw attention.

"Can you guys distract them for me? Just for a few minutes." said Vaughan.

"But... what if you don't come back?" Oto asked with uneasiness.

"Trust me Oto, this isn't my first tango with the Decepticons. And it won't be my last." She answered him, preparing to stand up.

"Are you certain about this?" He asked her.

"Trust me. I have something up my sleeve." She assured him.

The new kid nodded in reply as Vaughan stood up, making her way through the crowd as a few set of eyes watched her. She walked over to one of the teachers, the sounds of her footsteps catching their attention.