Chapter 52 - Welcome Back To Cybertron

"Wait, you guys hear that?" Carly asked. 

The three teenagers stopped running as they glanced around, hearing no sounds of metal footsteps of any kind. 

"I don't hear anything." Spike answered with a shrug.

"That's the point! He stopped chasing us." Carly stated. 

"That's because I nearly blasted him to kingdom come." Vaughan grinned, snapping her fingers for effect. 

"Yeah, but Shockwave didn't come back did he?" Carly replied in question form. 

Vaughan froze, cupping her chin in thought. No... he didn't. But why stop? A bunch of humans broke into his laboratory who could tamper with his equipment and such, and he just stops? Something wasn't right. 

"You have a point." Vaughan nodded. 

"Hmm, maybe he didn't want to damage anything in here." 

The three humans looked around the room they stumbled into through the ventilation. There was a strange, glowing, blue orb in the middle of the room. The middle shank down into the floor as the sides of the circular room went up horizontally. It was like a metal sink hole, but without the sank and the sinking part. 

"Ouch!" Carly yelped.

"What's wrong?" Spike asked with concern. 

"Don't touch the walls, or you'll be electrocuted." Carly warned. 

"Thanks for the tip." Vaughan uttered as she inched away from the metal wall. "So where to now? I don't think we've been in this part of Shockwave's lab before."

"Do you even know what we're in?" Carly asked.

"Trouble?" Spike answered with a hint of worry.

"I think we might be inside the master computer!" Carly clarified. 

"A computer?...." Vaughan's face lit up with a gasp as she looked over at Carly. "If we're inside a computer, maybe we could use it to find out the location of the Cybertonium!"

"Great idea Vaughan!" Carly smiled.

"If I can contact Teletraan-1 with this com-link, maybe we can figure out how to work this thing." said Spike. He activated the device that was attached to his thumb, and brought it up to his lips. "Spike calling Teletraan-1!" He whispered. "Come in Teletraan-1!"

"I read you Spike. Where are you?" Sparkplug answered.

"We're on Cybertron, and it looks like we're inside Shockwave's Master Computer." Spike explained.

"The Master Computer? Well, according to Teletraan-1, there should be a way out of the computer. If you can disable the core, there should be an exit underneath it." Sparkplug replied.

"There's a panel over beside us. Would that turn the core off so we can get through?" Vaughan asked. 

"It's worth a try." Sparkplug answered. 

Carly walked over to it, removing the lid of the panel. She worked her way through it, pulling out a wire. There were sparks of electricity flying all of the room, colours lighting up. Vaughan watched the core shrink down in size until it finally vanished, and then darkness. 

The whole room went completely, pitch black. 

There were sounds of footsteps and then a yelp followed by a loud 'THUD'.

"Carly?" Spike cried out with a whispered.

"Yeah?" She whimpered.

"Are you okay?" He asked with concern.