Chapter 73 - Shake Your Tail

The next morning, the first round of the Battle of The Bands had begun. With so many bands competing, the headmaster took all of the bands, split them in half and created two divisions. The winner of each division would take part in the finals.

Vaughan and the rest of the band were waiting off stage for their turn. They were up next, and Vaughan seemed to be more anxious than everyone else.

She knew the 'Counter Attack' song wasn't ready, heck it was so horrible, she couldn't even describe it!

The band that was up on stage finished, and lets just say that their playing was a little under satisfactory.

"Well, at least we know one group that won't get in our way of The Mesmerizers." said Jazz.

"Any idea where Daphine is?" Vaughan asked. "I haven't seen her all morning."

"I'm here!" A feminine voice called.

The group looked over to the side to see Daphine jog over to them. She looked different. Instead of wearing her usual attire, she wore a light jacket with metal, thin beams hanging from the arms. It was like something The Beatles wore.

"Daphine, uh, how very... shiny." Vaughan complimented.

"Thank you! Sorry I'm late everyone, I slept in and I was just havin' so much trouble figuring out what to put on for today." She apologized.

"Nobody is going to care what you look like Daphine, relax." Blaster assured.

"So Vaughan, is the song ready?" Raoul asked her.

Vaughan glanced at the boy, looking uneasy as she lowered her head. "It still could use a little more work..."

Jazz placed a hand on her shoulder. "Then we'll by you some time."

"How are we going to do that?" Andrew asked.

"By competing in the Battle of the Bands for real. Raoul, you take over lead vocals for a while, Vaughan you take Raoul's place for back u vocals and sing with Spike." Jazz instructed. "That way you'll stress less, and have more time to work on the song."

There was a chime as a voice spoke over the loud speaker. "Next up, Music Nation!"

"Show time guys!" Josh cheered as he ran a head of the group, taking is seat at the drums as the others followed close behind him, taking their places up on stage.

Vaughan looked around the audience, smiling a little when she aw Oto and the Bop Crew right up in the front row. She gasped quietly when she took her position at a microphone, spotting the Mesmerizers in the audience, watching them.

She covered the microphone with her hand, looking over at the rest of her band. "Remember, we need to sound good, but not so good that we catch the Mesmerizer's attention or else they'll know we're on to them."

They all nodded in agreement as Headmaster Roger scribbled their band name on a piece of paper, then looked up at them. "Whenever you're ready."

Vaughan nodded before turning her head to face Josh, signalling him.

He grinned, spinning his drum sticks before smashing them against each other.

"1,2..!"

"We've just got the day to get ready

And there's only so much time to lose

Because tonight, yeah, we're here to party

So let's think of something fun to do!

We don't know, what's gonna happen