Chapter 71 - The Mesmerizers

Vaughan took the others to the Starbucks cafe across the street from her apartment. It was no Tim Hortons, but it was better than nothing.

They gathered at a booth; Vaughan, Daphine, and Spike sitting on the leather sofa while Josh walked towards the group, carrying the trays of drinks for everyone. Jazz, Andrew, Raoul, and Blaster all sat on chairs around the table.

Blaster and Jazz were explaining their findings to the others, and it wasn't until Josh sat down, passed everyone their drinks, and took a sip of his own frappicino did he realize what they said.

His eyes widened, and he spit ticked. "They're Decepticons?!"

"So you're saying three Decepticons are making the entire school act all cray-cray?" Raoul asked for clarification.

"But, they look like humans." Andrew reminded.

"They might be something similar to you guys. Techno-organic. Meaning half Cybertronian and half Human." Jazz explained.

"But now that we're all back together again, we can use our power against them." Spike stated.

Raoul stood up in his chair, fist pumping the air. "They'll never even know what hit'em!"

"Yeah!" Josh cheered in agreement as the two of them performed some martial art moves. Their fists soared, Jazz and Blaster's holoforms catching them in their hands, forcing them back into their seats.

"Spike's right. We got nothing to worry about." Jazz agreed.

"I'm pretty sure I can find something to worry about... But it won't be the Mesmerizers!" Daphine beamed.

"Hold your horse power everyone. The Mesmerizers being Decepticons is only a possibility. Since it wasn't live footage, only a video taken from Spike's video, Teletraan-1 wasn't able to get an exact scan of them." Blaster explained.

"Then we'll have to check them out up close and personal, and—" Before Vaughan continued, she looked over at Josh and Andrew, shooting them a glare. "No, not in THAT kind of way!"

The two boys looked taken back, waving the idea off. "What? Please Vaughan, we're adults!" Andrew defended.

"So any idea where the Mesmerizer's might be?" Jazz asked.

Josh raised his hand, waving it at him as he took a big gulp of his drink. "The opening ceremony for the Showcase, er, Battle Of The Bands is tomorrow night. All of the bands will be attending, which means The Mesmerizer's will definitely be there."

******

Josh was right.

At the opening ceremony of the Battle of The Bands, all of the bands that signed up were present. Including the Mesmerizers.

All of the bands were huddled in their groups, not interacting with any other band, only their own. If someone from a different band walked by, they'd watch them, glare at them.

It seemed odd. Before hand, everyone seemed so, happy and excited about the showcase.

Did the Mesmerizer's did something to them with their brainwashing?

The Opening Ceremony was only open to the staff off the school and the parents of the students, so not a huge crowd. The final round of the Battle of The Bands is supposed to be a huge deal. It would be broadcasting on live television for not just the whole country, but the whole world!

Vaughan had no idea this was so popular.

How the opening ceremony worked, as that two bands would perform a song together, each assigned to different sections. There are two stages, the stage on the auditorium, and a home-made stage built up on the balcony.