Chapter 51 - Cybertonium

As if the Dinobots leaving the Autobots was bad enough, things kept getting worse. The Decepticons were trying to steal Earth's resources again, so the Autobots left to take care of them. 

The problem is, they didn't. They couldn't.

Both the Autobots and Decepticons seemed to be having, technical difficulties, if that's what you want to call it. 

When the Autobots arrived back at the base, they all seemed to be in bad shape. Something just wasn't right with them, which made Vaughan and her friends worry. Were their systems going haywire? Were they sick? 

Vaughan continued to ponder as Sparkplug got to work on figuring out what was going on. He was currently tinkering on Wheeljack. The rest of the Autobots sat around in the medical bay, waiting for their turn for a check up. 

Vaughan, her friends, cousin, and Carly chatted with the other Autobots, discovering their symptoms and what was going wrong with their programming. 

Vaughan chatted with Jazz, who was trapped halfway through his transformation. His upper half was in robot mode while his bottom half was stuck in vehicle mode. 

"What's happening to you guys? We've never experienced something like this before." Vaughan pulled her hair nervously.

"This is seriously crazy. What could be causing all of this?" Jazz replied in question.

"I just wish I could help you guys." Wheeljack mumbled.

"Save up your energy and stay down Wheeljack." Sparkplug ordered with a chuckle, pushing the Autobot's head back down. "Or else I'll have to turn off your power supply."

Moments later, Optimus Prime drove into the room, transforming into his robot mode as he scanned the air, looking at his fallen Autobots. He suddenly lost his balance as he collapsed to the floor right on his behind. 

"You okay Optimus Prime?" Andrew asked the Prime, running towards him.

"I'm fine Anderw, just dizzy." Optimus answered, placing his hand on his head. "Any idea what's going on P-Perceptor?"

The humans glanced over at the Autobot scientist, Perceptor, who's alt mode as a giant microscope. It seems he was infected with whatever was happening with the other Autobots as well, because he's been stuck in the mode, hooked up with Teletraan-1 for the rest of the morning.

"Fortunately I've been stuck in microscope mode, and I've think I've figured out the problem." said Perceptor. "Miss Goodmen, bring up my findings up on screen, if you please."

"Sure thing Perceptor." Daphine jogged over to the giant computer, climbing up on a stool and typed away on the keyboard. An image flashed on screen with various images and numbers, covering the computer screen.

"So what are we looking at here?" Josh asked, cupping his chin.

"After millions of years of being exposed to Earth's atmosphere, an element that's essential to our survival operation is depleting." Perceptor explained. 

"Then let's replace it." said Optimus.

"If only we could." Perceptor replied. "The element we need is Cybertonium."

"Cybertonium?" Andrew asked.

"Yes, and it doesn't exist on Earth." Perceptor added. 

"What?!" Vaughan yelped with shock.

"Perceptor is right. The only place to get Cybertonium is on Cybertron." Wheeljack stated.

"Well that's stating the obvious." Josh muttered.