Chapter 5 - The Crystal Mines

"Can't you go any faster Trailbreaker?!" Spike asked in a panic. 

"As much as I want to, I'm afraid not. This is it," answered the Autobot. "I'm not built for speed!" 

Vaughan looked back out the window and spotted the two Decepticon seekers making a turn, and heading straight their way. "Here they come!" she yelled. 

"We're going to need back up," said Sparkplug. "Vaughan, keep an eye out for those Decepticons." 

"Yes sir." replied his niece. 

As Sparkplug radioed the Autobot base using Trailbreaker's communication link, Vaughan peered out the window again, looking up the sky. The two Decepticon seekers open fired again, causing Trailbreaker to swerve as he drove across the road. The sudden movements of the Autobot made Vaughan fall back first onto the row of back seats of the vehicle.

Now I wish I was wearing a seat belt

"Are you sure you can handle all of this, Trailbreaker?" she asked. 

"I may not be fast, but I am tough." he replied. 

The Decepticons continued to fire upon the vehicle as they made a turn on the mountain road. Two new vehicles appeared coming up straight for Trailercutter. One of them which Vaughan could instantly tell was Sideswipe, the other however she had never seen before. The vehicle with Sideswipe was a yellow and black version of Sideswipe's Lamborghini. 

"It's Sunstreaker and Sideswipe!" cheered Trailbreaker. 

They both zoomed right past Trailbreaker, coming to a halt as they drifted, making a hard turn as they made their way back to their Autobot friend, taking position at his sides. The Decepticon seekrs continued to fire upon the Autobots, nearly hitting Sunstreaker's back bumper. 

"Hey! That's a new paint job!" complained the yellow Autobot. 

Instantly the back wings of Sunstreaker's vehicle mode moved out of place, and a laser gun appeared out of his trunk. He fired a shot, nailing a direct hit at the purple and black Decepticon seeker. 

"Man, that's hot!" Spike said with amazement. 

"Nice shot." complimented Vaughan.

After the return fire, the two Decepticons flew away in retreat leaving the Autobots to their victory. 

"Thanks for the save brothers." thanked Trailbreaker. 

"But what about my paint?!" asked Sunstreaker with a whine. 

"Don't worry, nobody will notice," replied Sideswipe with assurance. "Just make left turns!" 

Vaughan couldn't help but laugh at the joke Sideswipe made. It was incredible to see that the sense of teasing a sibling also occurred between alien robots. 

**********

The six of them arrived safely back at Autobot headquarters but Vaughan knew that there was no time to dilly dally. She, her cousin, and uncle told Optimus Prime the transmission that Trailbreaker picked up about Megatron mentioning the Ruby Crystal mines. 

Once they knew were the Decepticons could be found, Optimus ordered the Autobots to prepare for an attack and they were on their way. Vaughan and her family decided to tag along, wanting to see the action of the Autobots ruining the Decepticons plans. 

Within minutes the Autobots arrived outside the Crystal Mines, and just by hearing all the racket that was going in inside, they all knew that it wasn't a normal working day in the mines. "Here we are." said Prime.