Chapter 70 - Bad News

Holy scrap this book reached 70 chapters?! This is by far the longest fanfiction I have ever written in my life! Normally I would do about 30-40 parts in one book and then if I want it to continue, I'll post a sequel book. But I don't know... I wasn't quite feeling it for this one.

Anyways, thank you guys so much for your continued support with this book, it really means a lot to me! As of right now, we are a few thousand views away from 40K reads!

Before I begin, this update I just want to quickly talk about something real quick.

Yes, I'm borrowing/using material from MLP Rainbow Rocks. I already had a similar idea with the whole music transformation thing, because I got the idea from Sari of Transformers Animated. But then Rainbow Rocks came out and I watched it, and it boggled my mind! It gave me new ideas to merge with my original and the songs they used were excellent and I thought they would go well with my story.

SO PLEASE DON'T HATE ME FOR USING THIS MATERIAL!

Also I got the Headmaster's name wrong. It's Roger, not Ron. My bad!

Maddie is out, peace!

*******

Vaughan and her friends were walking down the halls of Julliard after lunch.

"What. The heck. Was that?!" Andrew exclaimed.

"That has got to be the strangest thing I've seen at this school. More strange than usual." said Raoul.

"How those boys were acting, and then the students. It's all so strange." Daphine replied.

"Hopefully Spike can shed some light on what's going on." Josh suggested.

Spike had left right after lunch, Bumblebee picking him up to take him to the Autobot base to show Optimus and the others the video footage of the little performance that went down. Hopefully they can figure out what's going on.

"If you ask me, from past experience fighting killer alien robots, those three defiantly have something up their sleeve. How else could you explain what happened back there." Vaughan stated.

"Don't worry. I'm sure if we let Headmaster Roger know what's going on, those three will get kicked to the crib in no time." Raoul assured.

"Yeah. The last thing he needs is more havoc on the school." Andrew agreed. His eyes flashed open, hissing with regret as he looked over at Vaughan who was looking at him with a look of 'Really?'. "Oops... no offense Vaughan."

She sighed. "None taken Andrew."

******

The group of students stood together in Headmaster Roger's office, standing in front of his desk as the man peeked through the blinders of his window. Their teacher, Mr. Smith was also present in his office

"Super powers?" Roger scoffed. "I find that very hard to believe." He turned around, looking at the group as he took a seat in his leather chair. "Those boys came in to see me earlier today and they were absolutely delightful."

"Perhaps Ms. Witwickey is just out to make someone else a bad element, so everyone could forget about her involvement in the near destruction of our school." Mr. Smith suggested, sending a glare her way.

Vaughan gulped. "Uh, I can see why would think that, but—"

"That's totally not it!" Raoul quickly rushed to her defense, slamming his hands on the Headmaster's desk. "We saw all of this go down in the cafeteria too!"

"Yes... but isn't your band supposed to be in the Showcase as well?" Headmaster Roger asked.

Raoul looked a little uneasy as he slowly answered. "Well... yeah?"

"Perhaps you're all just worried that The Mesmerizers will steal your spotlight." Mr. Smith replied.

"The Mesmerizers?" Daphine questioned with confusion.

"It's the name of their group. That's why they came by my office earlier today, to sign up for the showcase. Even sang a little song to Mr. Smith and I." Roger answered.

"They did?" Andrew asked.

"Yes, and since the rest of the students seem to agree with them, we think it's wonderful idea to have a Battle of The Bands this year instead." Headmaster Roger answered.

As Vaughan watched them, she could have sworn she saw their eyes flash a bright red. Maybe it was the sunlight reflecting from the window messing with her eye sight. Or perhaps, maybe not.

"Well, thank you for your time." She thanked, taking the lead as she and her friends walked out of the room.

*****

The group carried on with the rest of the day, Daphine returning to NYU to finish her classes while Josh and Andrew returned to the music shop to finish up their work.

Vaughan and Raoul went off to their afternoon classes and when the final bell rang, everyone agreed to meet at the front courtyard of the school.

They all hung around a statue at the front of the school. Josh relaxed on top of it, bathing in the sun while Vaughan leaned her back against the plague. Raoul had a tennis ball with him, using his foot to kick it up in the air like a soccer ball. Daphine was checking out her nails and doing her nails with polish while Andrew paced back and fourth.

"I can't believe they got to Mr. Smith and Headmaster Roger." said Andrew.

"They've gotten to everyone!" Raoul added.

"But not everyone!" Josh countered, his head hanging from the edge as he looked down on his friends.

"Josh is right. We were there when the Mesmerizers were singing, and we weren't infected." Vaughan realized. "But why? It's like we were protected somehow."

"Then let's take them down! It's not like we tangled with evil and whipped it's sorry butt!" Raoul boasted.

"But before, that was when we all went in to protect Vaughan. Now our transformation only happens when we play music." Andrew slowly spoke, putting the two and two together.

"That's because we're all back together again, like we were back on Cybertron." Daphine replied. "I just hope Spike comes back soon with a some kind of solution to this. Perhaps the Autobots could figure out something to release the spell that's been cast upon the students."

As if she had the power to magically wish for things to appear at her command, she has it! Moments later, the sound of a honk caught their attention as the gang looked up to see Jazz pull up in front of them. Spike stepped out of them, carrying Blaster in his hand. He set the boom box down, allowing him to transform into his robot mode, Jazz quickly following behind him.

"Guys!" Vaughan exclaimed as she and the others raced towards them. "Did you find out anything?"

"Quite a bit, actually." Spike answered.

"Like what? What's the 411?" Raoul asked.

"Let's just say we got some real bad news about the new kids in school." Jazz answered.

"And we mean, really bad news." Blaster added.

Vaughan and her friends exchanged worried glances with each other. That did not sound good.

But come on, it's not like they're Decepticons or anything... are they?