Chapter 46 - Return

The human race wasn't going to let the Decepticons take over the planet. First Mission City, who knew what next?

A squadron of fighter jets flew across the sky, entering U.S. airspace.

"Thunderbolts, listen up! Terminate all Decepticons on sight. Our first priority is save the people of Mission City in anyway we can." the captain spoke.

"Yes Captain!" the troops replied.

They've all heard stories about other military personnel attempting rescue missions, but have all failed. Some managed to retreat and made it to safety, others weren't so lucky.

The Captain was determined to make it to Mission City in time.

He was determined to save its civilians, his family.

But he was more determined to save his wife and daughter.

*******

Vaughan was asleep when the Decepticons entered the laboratory. She was floating inside the zero gravity capsule, purple electric chains tied to her wrists to keep her afloat.

She wouldn't dare look at them. Not after what Soundwave had told her the night before.

And judging by the sounds of their footsteps, their speed and the fact that they stomped their way in, it sounded like they were in a hurry.

"Soundwave, begin the operation. Quickly!" Megatron ordered.

"Yes Lord Megatron." Soundwave replied.

Soundwave quickly rushed over to the computer console, typing in some commands before pulling the switch. The operation began, lights around the rims of the capsule coming to life as they glowed. Blue streaks of electricity flashed like lightning inside, as Vaughan tried to keep her mouth shut, her teeth chattering and her teeth grinding as she tried not to squeal from the pain.

She could feel the power.

Remix's power.

Her power, coursing through her whole body. While it left like Soundwave was giving her more power, at the same time it felt like her power was draining away from her.

Something didn't feel right.

What was the Decepticons gain with all of this?

Suddenly she felt a sharp pain, and gasped as her eyes snapped open.

They were glowing again, just like last night.

"Soundwave, is that supposed to happen?" Starscream asked with curiosity. "Your project of yours isn't backfiring is it?"

Vaughan glanced over at the Communications Officer. It was strange. Even with his visor and mouth guard, Vaughan could sense.... worry? Fear?

What was Soundwave so worried about?

"Of course not Starscream." Soundwave finally answered. "It's just warming up."

"Well then turn up the heat. The Autobots can't be too far behind. We need this advantage!" Megatron stated.

The Autobots? They're back?!

Vaughan felt a rush of excitement and confidence. With the Autobots back, the Decepticons were sure in a heck of trouble now.

She took a breath, closing her eyes again as she focused her mind on her powers. She slowly opened her palms and fired a soundwave in an attempt to break the glass and set her free. But the blast bounced right back and hit her right in the face.

"Glass is unbreakable from the inside. There is no escape for you." said Soundwave.

"But what about from the outside!" A voice spoke up.