Chapter 21 - A Messed Up Sparkplug

"It should have been me." Vaughan mumbled. 

She and Spike continued waiting by the Autobot base for any signs of the Autobots return, along with their adult guardian, Vaughan's uncle, and Spike's father, Sparkplug. 

"If he hadn't pushed me out of the way, he would still be here." She continued. 

"True, but then you'd be in the hands of the Decepticons. It wouldn't really change the outcome." Spike explained. "The Autobots would be rescuing you instead of my dad." 

"I know! I just feel terrible! I just hope he's alright." said Vaughan.

At this point it was near evening, and there was still no sign of the Autobots. Until now.

All of a sudden, Spike was shaking his Vaughan's shoulder like crazy. "Vaughan, look!"

"I'm not in the mood right now Spike." Vaughan muttered. 

"No really! Look, it's the Autobots!" Spike yelled as he pointed straight a head. 

Vaughan poked her head up to see a large group of vehicles driving towards the base. Vaughan recognized them instantly. Her face lit up with a wide smile as she and Spike ran towards the Autobots as they drew closer and closer. 

The Autobots all stopped and transformed into their robot modes, Brawn holding Sparkplug in his hands as he gently set him down. 

"Dad!" Spike called. 

"Uncle Sparkplug!" Vaughan exclaimed.

The two ran over, hugging the adult for dear life. 

"I told you we'd bring him back." Bumblebee grinned. 

"You sure did Bumblebee, you sure did." Spike laughed. 

********

Inside the Autobot base, Sparkplug was helping Ratchet repairing some of the Autobots of their injuries they received from their rescue mission. Ratchet was busying working on Sunstreaker while Sparkplug worked on Wheeljack. 

"Will you hols still Sunstreaker?" Ratchet asked with annoyance. 

"Be careful with that thing! You're getting scorch marks on my shin guards!" Sunstreaker complained.

Vaughan always got a laugh out of Sunstreakers protective side when it comes to his looks. He was like an Autobot fashionista. 

"It's sure great to have you back dad." said Spike as he watched his dad work. 

But strangely enough, Sparkplug ignored him as he continued working on Wheeljack. 

"Dad?" Spike asked. 

"Are you okay Uncle Sparkplug?" Vaughan asked. 

"No talk. There is work to be done." Sparkplug said firmly as he looked at the teenagers. 

As Sparkplug turned his head back and lifted his hand up to close Wheeljack's back panel, Vaughan spotted something shine in the light. A strange metal object that was hidden in the back of Sparkplug's ear. 

"What is that?" She thought. 

"Who else needs repairs?" Sparkplug asked as he closed Wheeljack's back panel and walked away. 

"Wheeljack, something is wrong with my dad." said Spike. 

"You're not kidding." Wheeljack groaned as he rubbed his back. 

"That's not all." Vaughan added as she leaned over to Spike and whispered, "I saw something behind his ear. I think it's some kind of microchip."

"A microchip? What for?" Spike asked as they watched him move from Autobot to Autobot.