Chapter 72 - Slumber Party Blues

Vaughan and her friends gathered around at the front of the Julliard school after the Opening Ceremony of the Battle Of The Bands ended.

"This doesn't make any sense! There's no doubt about it that those three boys are Decepticons, but I couldn't use my power to stop them. That's how it worked before when we busted up Megatron!" Vaughan rambled, pacing back and fourth, while her friends sat on the front stairs.

"But to defeat them, you drew power from us when we went in to shield you. The Mesmerizer's power comes from their music, so maybe you have to use the same type of power to defeat them." Spike suggested.

Vaughan's eyes widened as she gasped, turning around and looking at her cousin. "I think you're on to something Spike!"

"Really?" He asked, looking hopeful.

"It's when we play music we transform now, right?" Vaughan reminded.

"Yeah. Metal armour, the helmuts, the whole deal!" Jazz replied.

"So maybe the only way to use that power to defeat the Mesmerizers, is by counter attacking them with our own music." Vaughan thought a loud.

"You mean, like playing a song?" Andrew suggested.

"Most likely, and if we're going to free everyone who's under their spell, we'll need everyone to hear it." Vaughan explained.

Daphine tapped her chin, thinking, then she gasped sharply, springing up to her feet so quickly that she almost toppled down the stairs. "The band competition! That's the only way we'll know when everyone is at the same place at the same time."

"Then it looks like The Music Nation is the band to beat!" Blaster exclaimed with a grin.

"So how are you going to create this 'Counter Attack' song exactly? You doing it as the lead singer like last time?" Raoul asked, placing a gentle hang on Vaughan's shoulder. "With this being my band and all—"

"It's OUR band Raoul." Jazz corrected, shooting the boy a glare before he too layed a hand on Vaughan's other shoulder, smiling at her. "Of course as lead singer. She's the one with the know-how to pull this thing off!"

Raoul raised his hands in defense. "Okay, okay, that's cool! Gives me more time to hone in my already insanely, great guitar skills." Raoul smirked, playing some air guitar.

"And the great thing about this plan is that we technically don't have to win the Battle Of The Bands. We just have to perform it during the first round of the competition." Vaughan explained.

"Then let's get to work on using that 'Counter Attack' song!" Raoul cheered.

"Well, that's just it." Vaughan shrugged. "I don't know any."

Everyone slouched, whining. It appeared that they didn't like that answer very much.

"But! I'm sure I can write one." Vaughan reasoned with a cheap smile.

"Why not? You've written Dubstep songs like it's no tomorrow. You should be a natural at this." Josh replied.

"... You're right." Vaughan nodded in agreement. "I got this."

Jazz's holoform seemed to look a bit puzzled as Vaughan began walking away from the group, towards the crosswalk. "Hey Vaughan!" He called, he and the others running after her. "Where are you going?"

"I'm heading back to my apartment to get my laptop. I always use it when I write new songs." She explained.

"Are you kidding?" Andrew yelled with happiness, swooping in between them. "We're all besties!" He smiled, bear hugging Vaughan as he lifted her off the sidewalk. "Slumber party at the Music Shop!"