Chapter 36 - Fast Future & Corrupted Minds

Many months had passed since the "Prime Problem" occurred and Decepticon activity has been a strange low as of late. 

But that wasn't the only good news. 

The planet was finally finished rebuilding its cities, and sadly, it was time for Vaughan to return home. She said her goodbyes to her family and friends, and they all kept in touch with each other ever since. 

Vaughan and her friends continued to work hard in school, receiving excellent marks to show that their work was defiantly paying off. After first term ended, Vaughan and Margret travelled back to Mission City to celebrate Christmas with their family. 

Vaughan and Spime taught the Autobots everything they needed to know about the holiday. Gifts, family dinners, carols, playing in the snow, baking cookies, decorating the Christmas tree, and of course explaining the origins of the holiday. 

Vaughan got some pretty awesome gifts. An iPhone 6, a PS4, and tons of other cool stuff. 

But it was nothing compared to the ultimate present. 

It was a Skype call.

From her father.

".... Father?" she sniffled.

"Hey sweetheart." he smiled.

Vaughan burst into tears when she heard his voice. Everyone all around had wide smiles on their faces. Wheeljack had created a satellite up link so the two could chat. He wished her a Merry Christmas and that he would be home soon. He didn't know exactly when, but he knew it would be soon. 

He also took the time to get acquainted with the Autobots. He thanked them for protecting his family and our planet, esspecially his daughter.

Vaughan was so overwhelmed that she clutched the tablet to her chest and held it with her for the rest of the night, sleeping with it on the couch of Sparkplug's house. 

After Christmas and New Years Eve, Vaughan and Margret went back home so she could finish her final school year. When they got back, Vaughan had sent in her college and university applications. The top of her list being the one and only Julliard. 

Vaughan also managed to get a new Dubstep song done before the next school break. It was a remix of the song "Pompeii".

It wasn't until March Break rolled around that Vaughan could go back and visit the Autobots again. 

Of course Spike kept his older cousin up to date on the events that occurred since she left, which wasn't really that much. 

But one thing is for sure, this adventure was defiantly one of the strangest battles Vaughan as ever faced.

Here's how it went down.

********

"This is insane!" Vaughan stepped through the door of Sparkplug and Spike's house, kicking her shoes off as she closed the door.

"Vaughan? What seems to be the problem? You just got here." Sparkplug asked, setting his newspaper aside from reading at the kitchen counter.

"Huh? Nothing's wrong uncle Sparkplug." Vaughan replied, setting her suitcase down as she entered the kitchen.

"Then what are you going on about?" Spike asked as his cousin took a seat next to him.

"People are recognizing me out in public now! Once I stepped off that plane, I was bombed by fans wanting autographs." Vaughan explained as she picked up a banana from the fruit bowl in the middle of the table.

"And it's a bad thing because?" Spike cocked an eyebrow.

"That wasn't the bad bit. They were really nice people. The bad bit about it was that somehow the paparazzi knew I was going to be there!" Vaughan continued. "They kept flashing their cameras in my face, I thought I was going to go blind!"