Chapter 67 - Piano Player

With all of her might, Daphine pushed on a large piano, the bottom of its legs grinding against the cement sidewalk as she pushed the large instrument towards Julliard.

"What kind of person doesn't make a piano on wheels?!" she growled.

She continued to push and push until finally she had enough. She stopped, exhausted from pushing this thing from across the street from NYU. Her clothes were all ruffled up and sweaty from the heat of the sun mixed with the pollution of the city.

"Oh, just look at me!" she whined. "I'll never get this thing in on time."

She looked around the front courtyard of the school. "What I need is a bit more muscle..." She gasped when she spotted a group of boys, huddled together on a bench, having their own little conversation.

"Oh boys!" She called.

The three boys looked over, spotting the girl as she fixed her hair and her clothes, leaning against the piano.

"Could you three help me with something?" She asked.

******

A couple days have passed since the bass incident. Everyone else had figured out what instruments they wanted to play. Coincidentally enough, they were the same instruments they played when they used to jam together when they were kids.

Andrew chose the tambourine, and Josh stuck with the drums.

They even convinced Blaster to finally join them as their bands DJ!

Now Vaughan, the two boys, Raoul, Jazz, Spike and Blaster were waiting for the last member of their band to arrive.

Daphine.

They waited for her in one of the music rooms at the Julliard school.

"Ugh... Where the heck is Daphine?" Raoul asked with annoyance. It was clear that he was really starting to lose her patience.

"Knowing her, she probably wants to make some grand entrance or something." Vaughan replied.

A strange rumbling sound could be heard from outside of the music room. There was a loud 'BANG' as the doors were pushed open by three tall, muscular NYU students, pushing a grand piano inside the room as Daphine rode on top of it.

"Tada!" She cheered.

Vaughan rolled her eyes playfully at her friend. "I told you."

"Daphine, couldn't you have choosen a more, portable instrument?" Jazz asked, helping the red head down from the piano.

"Oh heavens no!" Daphine exclaimed. "The grand piano is the most elegant among musical instruments." she explained, playing a set of notes. "With it I will be able to express my full musicality!"

She was about to play the instrument, raising her hands in the air until a timer startled her. The group looked over to see the timer on Josh's phone going off.

"Well, our time's up." he spoke. "We're going to have to move our practice over to the auditorium now."

Raoul chuckled, placing a hand on Daphine's shoulder. "Guess you're going to express your," he mimicked some air quotes with his fingers, "full musicality, on the other side of campus."

"What? Aww." Daphine whined, slouching her arms against the piano keys.

"Or..." Andrew hooped up on top of the piano, showing Daphine another instrument. "You could play this!"

Daphine looked up, eyeing the instrument as it shined in the light. "It's part guitar, part keyboard. It's a Key-tar."

"I thought it was Guitar-Key." Josh scratched his head.

"Tomato, Tamato." Andrew shrugged, pushing himself off of the piano as he handed Daphine the instrument.

Daphine examined the instrument with curiosity. She had never seen a piano like this before. She flipped the strap over her head and grasped the instrument in her hands.

She began to play it, the notes emitting a high, electrical sound. "Oooh!" Daphine gasped, smiling.

She continued to play, putting in a lot more effort and energy into her performance. She pressed the buttons on the handle, deep synthesizer sounds playing in the background.

She twirled around a few times, then her fingers quickly gliding up the keys from the bottom to the top.

Right when she played the top note, her hand began to glow and it spread all over her body, lifting her up into the air as she continued to play the instrument. Her Cybertronian armour began top appear, the metal materializing on her arms, legs, chest, and head.

Everyone in the band looked up at her with amazement as she hovered over the grand piano. When her transformation was done, she dropped down, sliding on top of the piano and came to a stop just on the edge of it as she finished her song.

"Well then, why don't you take your key-tar and move your butt to our next rehearsal space?" Vaughan suggested.

"Fine, fine." Daphine rolled her eyes playfully at her friend. She then looked over at the three jocks were still present, seeing the whole thing. "I don't suppose..." She batted her eyelashes at them in a flirtatious manner.

Their eyes widened, nodding in agreement as they took off, each of them grabbing one side of the piano. They bent their knees, using their arms to lift up the piano into the air, the red head riding on top of it.

Her friends watched her, mouths gaped open as the three jocks carried Daphine and the piano out of the room as she waved at them, playing one more cord on her key-tar.

"Well, she sure knows how to make an entrance, and an exit." Blaster commented.

"That's Daphine for you." Vaughan agreed.

********

One of the shortest chapters I've written in this book, I know, I know. But with pig projects coming up, I won't have as much time to write, so I want to get a move on with the story.

Hope you enjoyed it anyways!