Chapter 68 - Better Than Ever

It's been a couple days since the last "musical" transformation. The band has been working on a few of their songs, so not quite any real practicing going on just yet.

However they did plan to get some practicing in today, right after helping out in the auditorium, making banners, signs, and posters to help advertise the Showcase across the school, and the city.

Vaughan showed up late for the decorating that day. She looked around the auditorium, looking around for some work to do.

She had offered assistance to one group, but they insisted that they were fine. With a sulk, Vaughan turned around, making her way towards the large stage.

"Hey Vaughan!" A voice called.

She looked up to see Raoul and the rest of the Bop Crew on stage, waving at her. "Up here!"

She smiled at the sight of the three boys. However, Raoul's call also caught the attention of a few of the students around her. As she made her way around the stage towards the small flight of stairs to get up, she heard murmurs, whispering.

Were they talking about her?

Why were a few of them even glaring at her?

How long had this been going on?

Was it because of that accident she made on that day? Unleashing her powers and the aftermath of a part of the school getting ripped apart?

Suddenly Vaughan felt guilty and embarrassed as she made her way over to the three boys. "Gosh, I had no idea the entire school would be here."

Rocksteady and Poplock looked at each other. Looks of concern on their faces. They stood up, lifting up the poster the two of them made. "What'cha think? Quite eye catching isn't it?" said Poplock.

"And it smells like fruit!" Rocksteady exclaimed.

"It does?" Vaughan asked.

Rocksteady took the poster in both of his hands, literally shoving it in her face. "Can you smell them? We used smellizier markets!"

"Uh Vaughan? You got a little something on your face." Raoul pointed out.

Vaughan raised a brow, pulling up the sleeve of her sweater and wiped the side of her cheek. "Did I get it?"

"Well, most of it." Raoul admitted.

The sounds of heavy footsteps caught their attention as Headmaster Ron and their teacher walked up onto the stage, also catching the attention of the rest of the students.

"Good afternoon students!" Headmaster Ron greeted with a smile. "We're so glad that so many of you took the time to come in today. We're pleased that so many of you decided to take part in this years Musical Showcase."

The students cheered in celebration, the Bop Crew fist pumping the air.

"We're already starting to receive donations and ticket money, so keep working on your signs and posters." said the teacher.

"I think it's going to be the most successful showcase we'll ever have! Enough to blow that whole, Decepticon mishap, right out of the water!" Headmaster Ron decreed.

There was a small applause, but mostly the stares and glares of the other students, with all eyes pointing directly at Vaughan. Vaughan sighed, face palming as her back slid down against the wall of the stage, sliding to the floor.

"Why me?"

******

Once the decorating was done, during free period, Vaughan and the rest of the band got together in the practice room.