Chapter 39 - Open House

Vaughan just couldn't take it anymore! 

She had been waiting for what seemed like forever for Optimus Prime to get back to her. She wanted to learn more about Remix, and anything more about the Decepticons plans involving her and the Project. 

She could handle waiting for the rest of her March Break vacation to receive the information, but according to Jazz, apparently he wasn't finished yet! 

So now Vaughan was in a mad mood on the plane ride back home, the drive back to her house, and for the rest of the night. 

After that she was fairly fine for the past while, but whenever Spike gave her a call she would instantly remember every time and ask him if he found anymore information.

At first Spike passed along messages from the Prime saying that he "He was still looking" or "It's the same information from before". 

She was really starting to lose her patience. She just had to know how she was connected with all of this! 

Now it was well into the month of April, and Vaughan was eating her cereal an a early Monday morning. She was slouching in her chair at the kitchen counter wearing, as it was raining and a little chilly outside, today she was wearing a yellow rain jacket with a red scarf, black leggings, and long brown boots. 

As she ate, her mother, Margret entered the room, wearing her work uniform. When Vaughan came back from Mission City after the break, she and Spike had informed her of the recent event that took place. 

She was skeptical at first, but once Vaughan explained the things they realized that clicked, she was sure as heck surprised. 

"Hey honey, how are you holding up today?" She asked, making some coffee. 

"Fine I guess." Vaughan shrugged. She glanced out the window, watching the rain pour down. "The weather isn't exactly helping my mood right now."

"Hmm, I know the feeling." Margret replied.

"I mean it's been over a month now, and Optimus still hasn't updated me on anything new! ANYTHING! It's always the same thing every time!" she slouched in her chair. 

"Maybe he's just on to something big, and he just wants to make sure it's a reliable source." Margret suggested. 

"He better be! I can't take much more of this mom!" Vaughan stated. 

"Perhaps all you need is to take your mind off of this for a while. Do an activity, go out somewhere." said Margret. 

"Yeah? Like what?" Vaughan asked. "Nothing else can possibly beat this!"

"Oh really? Not even this?" Margret pulled out a flyer from her purse and handed it over to her daughter.

Vaughan took it in her hands and read the flyer carefully.

Julliard Open House - Saturday April 25th 2014  

Vaughan's eyes widened with shock as her mouth gaped open. "Open House?!"

"Yep!" Margret smiled, taking a seat next to her daughter. 

"But, but, but, this is an exclusive open house tour! Nobody gets to do this unless--" Vaughan stopped short as her eyes twinkled, exchanging looks with her mother.

"Unless what?" Margret grinned.

Vaughan's mouth gaped open as she stared at the woman, glancing back and forth between her and the flyer.

"Shut up!" She screamed.

"Can you believe it? Are you excited?" Margret asked, giggled.

Vaughan jumped out of her seat, cheering her head off. "Are you kidding me?! Excited doesn't even begin to describe how I'm feeling! I got into Julliard?!"