Chapter 17 - Going Home

"Aw, don't go!" Sunstreaker whined.

"Can't you stay for just a couple more days?" Sideswipe asked.

"I'm sorry guys. I promised my mom I'd come home today. She's even coming back to make sure." Vaughan explained.

Today was the day that Vaughan was getting on a plane back to her hometown of Toronto. Her mother would be arriving soon, so she was spending her last few moments in Mission City with her cousin, uncle, and her good friends the Autobots.

Thankfully for the past few days, the Drcepticons haven't made another move, so the Autobots decided to take the time to relax.

It was a blast. Vaughan and Spike taught the Autobots everything about summer vacation. Going to the beach, drive in theatres, camping, all that jazz.

No pun attended!

"Vaughan, I think I can speak for all the Autobots here, and say that we will miss you while you're gone." said Optimus.

"The same goes to you guys." Vaughan smiled.

"I still can't believe it's been two days since you last looked at your phone--"

"Dad wait!" Spike warned.

"Wait a minute!" Vaughan yelled as she pulled out her phone had brought up the Twitter app. "Come on, come on, come on, come on, come on....."

"Oh great!" Spike muttered while face palming.

"What? What did I do?" Sparkplug asked.

"A few days ago, Vaughan did nothing but look at her phone all morning because she sent a message to Imagine Dragons." Spike explained.

"You mean that band everyone is talking about?" Sparkplug asked. "So what?"

"So what? So what?! This could be huge to my Dubstep gig! If I get permission from Imagine Dragons to remix their song, this could go viral!" said Vaughan.

"But it's been days since you left the message." replied Spike.

Vaughan thought about this for a moment, and realized. It has been a few days. What if they were too busy to reply? What if they haven't read it yet? Or what if they did see it and just didn't bother to reply?

"They don't want me to make the remix." Vaughan realized. "That's why they haven't called. They don't have the guts."

"You really think that?" Sparkplug asked.

"...... That, or maybe they are having problems with their guts and they're all in the bathroom." Vaughan thought aloud.

She received strange looks from her family and a few of the Autobots as a look of sympathy came up on her face, looking off into the distance. "Poor I.M." But then her look changed to a expression of impatience as she stated down her phone. "ANSWER!"

"Whoa, whoa, Vaughan calm down." said Jazz as he knelt beside her as he girl breathed in and out. "You don't want to get all worked up before your mom gets here."

"You're right Jazz, you're right." Vaughan replied. "In fact, I'll turn my phone off. Right now."

As Vaughan brought her phone up and was about to swipe the power off switch, a message alert came up.

From Twitter.

From Imagine Dragons.

"Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god!" She squealed.

"Answer the tweet!" Spike yelled.

Vaughan brought up the app as she bolted away from the group, staring at the screen of her phone. She opened up the inbox and tapped on the message.