Chapter 23 - Natural Disasters

Everyone was just looking up at the sky in complete, utter, shock. 

Cybertron, the Transformers home planet, was right in Earth's atmosphere. As Vaughan looked up at the planet, she fell back, sliding off the platform and fell to the ground.

Again.

The third time today.

She moaned at the extra pain she had received as she ran over to Jazz who was with Ironhide, Prowl, and Wheeljack had a slightly better view of their planet. Technically, no matter where you looked, the view was the same. But she wanted to near her friends, where it was safe. 

Vaughan had always wanted to see Cybertron, but this was not what she had in mind. Not. At. All.

"I never thought I'd be sad to see Cybertron." said Ironhide.

As Vaughan followed his gaze, she spotted her younger cousin Spike, running over to his father again. She couldn't quite hear the conversation that they were having, but she could hear Sparkplug's evil laugh from a mile away. Even with all of this wind. She watched with sadness as she watched his uncle take off again. Her heart was just broken. And so was Spike. He was losing his father and she was losing an uncle. Her only uncle for that matter. 

"My actions may have cost Earth its future." said Optimus as he walked over to Vaughan and the small group of Autobots. 

"Why did you let Megatron get to you like that Optimus? Is it because of what he said? I thought you were better than this!" Vaughan replied. 

"That may be it..... I am truly sorry." Optimus apologized. 

Both Vaughan and Prime knew that the girl had every right to be mad at Optimus for the choice he had made. But a part of Vaughan thought that Optimus thought he was only doing what was right. At first Vaughan had a smug look on her face as she looked at the Prime, but she closed her eyes, growling at herself. 

"Aw, dang it. I can't stay mad at you Optimus." She admitted. "You were only trying to do the right thing."

"I'm glad to hear that Vaughan. I'll find a way to fix my mess, and save both Earth and Cybertron. I promise." Optimus stated. 

"You did what you had to do Prime." Ironhide finally spoke up. "It's what any of us would have done."

"DECEPTICON RULE FOREVER!" Megatron cheered as he laughed menacingly. 

Whenever Vaughan heard that laugh, there was always a shiver that went down her spine. The pure evil nature of the Decepticon leader terrified her in the inside. She then took notice of Spike running over to one of the computer consoles. He steered the ray into a different direction. 

Right at Megatron. 

"Megatron look out!" Sparkplug warned. 

Vaughan was about to run over there to save her uncle but Spike fired the laser. However Megatron swiftly avoided it thanks to Sparkplug's warning. The man ducked down away from the laser as it struck another of the consoles, completely blowing it up. 

The sight made Starscream enrage that he ordered an attack on him and the Autobots. Vaughan was quickly scooped up by Jazz as he ran to avoid the blaster fire. 

"What did Spike just do?!" Vaughan asked, trying to yell over the wind. 

"I don't know. And with these Decepticons blazing down fire like there's no tomorrow, I'd say we're gonna have a tough time finding out." Jazz answered as he ducked behind a trench like cliff in the ground. He gently set Vaughan down, even if they were safe behind the cliff, Jazz still stuck his hand out for the girls protection.