Chapter 22 - Atmosphere

The Autobots accelerated to the site of the Decepticons new space bridge as quickly as they could. Vaughan and Spike tagged along, wanting to try and talk some sense into Sparkplug and hopefully relieve him of that microchip that's controlling him. 

The Autobots pulled up to the scene of the crime, Optimus opening his doors and allowing the humans to escort themselves out before he and the others transformed into their robot modes. Thundercracker who was keeping guard near by, spotted them and called out to his Decepticon lackies.

"Autobots!"

All firepower was focused on them as the Autobots scattered in different directions. Vaughan and Spike stayed at the top of the hill, ducking down as they looked for any signs of Sparkplug.

"The game is over Megatron!" Optimus yelled.

"On the contrary Optimus, I still have a card to play." Megatron shot back.

The Autobots looked at each at each other, confused. What exactly did Megatron have in store with the space bridge? A shaft of a tiny building opened and a small army of mind controlled humans, Sparkplug leading, pilled out. Optimus signaled his Autobots to stand down. 

"Stand down! We can't harm the humans." said Optimus.

"Ugh! Megatron, that snazzbag!" Vaughan grumbled.

"You disappoint me Prime!" Megatron yelled. "I never dreamed that you would let a few worthless fleshlings stand in the way of my plans." Megatron fired at the Prime and the small group of Autobots that stood by him. Mainly Jazz, Bumblebee, Ratchet, and Prowl.

"It's not over yet Megatron!" Optimus stated.

He ran forward, running straight for Megatron. The Autobots were surprised to see their leader acting this way. Even Vaughan and Spike who came running down from the cliff and stood by with the Autobots. They watched as Optimus carefully stepped over the walking line of humans before proceeding with his chase.

"There's my dad!" Spike pointed. 

The slave army stopped as they turned and spotted the Autobots. Their faces were filled with rage as they came running forward, picking up whatever they could carry as a weapon and came running towards the large group.

Prowl waved his hand off at the two teens, signalling them to run like heck. As the two teenagers made a run for it, Vaughan turned around and her heart sank when she saw her friends and the situation they were in. They were surrounded by an army of mind controled slaves who were hitting them with wooden sticks, large tree branches, tossing rocks at them, and some were even trying to climb on them. She hated to see them fighting her friends, even if they techincally didn't mean it since they were being controlled. 

"Hey! This is not my scene!" Jazz complained.

"Spike, we need to go back and help them." Vaughan insisted.

"But Prowl told us to run for it." Spike reminded. 

"Are you just going to stand around here and watched as your dad beats the snot out of Bumblebee?!" I protested, pointing at the scene. Sparkplug was whacking Bumblebee in the head with a wooden stick. 

"Spike! I need your help!" The Autobot called.

Spike's eyes softened as a look of determinate came upon his face as he ran back. Vaughan grinned as she quickly followed her younger cousin back into the fight.

"Dad, stop what you're doing!" Spike pleaded. Spike grabbed the stick right out of Sparkplug's hands and turned him around to face his son. "He's your friend! All of the Autobots are your friends!"