Chapter 4

"OH MY GOD I REMEMBER THAT!" My mom laughed.

"Ah, priceless," Till said as he walked my mom and I out. 

"Shit, I forgot to call someone," My mom said. 

"You could always stay here," Till suggested. 

"Till, no," my mom said abruptly. "You know what happened the last time you said that."

"Oh God," I chortled. 

"It was nice to see you again, Tina," Till smiled. 

"Yeah, I bet Anja begs to differ," My mom said. "That girl is such a fucking bitch-I swear to God."

"Mom!" I yelled. 

"It's the truth! I was just standing there minding my own business and then she came up to me and started criticizing my clothes!"

"Why don't I go call a cab for you guys?" Till asked. 

"No, have Adette do that," My mom said. "I want to talk to you about something."

I went inside of the house, used the phone, and as I was about to use the phone, I realized that I didn't know any phone numbers. 

"Shit," I muttered. 

I looked around, but no one was there. Coincidentally, Flake walked into the kitchen. 

"Flake!" I yelled. 

"Hm?" He asked. 

"Can you help me call a cab?"

"Ja," He took the phone from me and called a taxi for me-or so I hoped. Once he finished, he put it back. 

"Do you hate Americans?" I asked. 

"No, I just hate how they deal with some things."

"Me too! They're such hypocrites. It's so annoying. You'll be driving and someone gets mad because they're going so slow, but then you're going slow for a specific reason."

"Thank you!" He praised. "You're not as stupid as I thought you were."

"What?" My stomach dropped. 

"Just kidding," He rubbed my head. "Goodnight."

He went upstairs and as I was about to go out the front door, Anja popped out of literally nowhere. 

"Excuse me," I said kindly. 

"Don't sass me," She demanded. "I don't like you or your mother, so you stay the fuck away from my husband or I swear-"

"ANJA!" A male voice yelled. 

I turned and saw Richard standing there looking flabbergasted. 

"Leave the poor girl alone!" He shouted. 

Anja bumped into my shoulder and went back up the stairs. Richard walked towards me. 

"You okay?" He asked. 

"What's up her ass?" I asked. 

"A fist full of shit," He whispered. "Don't tell your dad I said that."

"Got it. Bye, Richard."

"Bye, Adette. Wait, do you know what your name means?"

"No."

"It's a German name for sweet and noble."

"That makes sense," I waved to him and walked out the door. 

I walked out and both my mom and Till stared at me with wide eyes while they leaned against a white car.

"Are you alright?" My mom asked. 

"Yes, what's the matter?" I asked confused. 

"You don't have diarrhea?"

"Mom, why would I have diarrhea?!"

"The taxi driver said-"

Till started laughing hysterically and banged his fist against the roof of the car. "Who made the call for you?"

"Flake," I answered. 

Till cackled. "That motherfucker. Flake said he had diarrhea!"

"Typical Flake," My mom shook her head. "Time to go home, Adette."

"When can I see you again?" I asked Till as my mom got into the car. 

"How long are you guys going to be here for?" He asked. 

"Tomorrow is our last day here," My mom answered. "Till, is it fine if she spends the day with you?"

"Fine with me," He shrugged his shoulders. 

"YAY!" I exclaimed and then hugged Till. I got into the car and yelled, "BYE DAD!"

"Bye, Adette," He kissed my cheek and went inside. 

In the middle of our car ride, my mom said, "Still charming."

"EW, MOM!"

"Are you happy now? I sure am-you're no longer going to bug me about seeing your dad."

I hugged her. "Thanks, Mom."

"You're welcome. I still hate that bitch Anja."

"That cunt."

"LANGUAGE!"

"Sorry," I chuckled. 

I was going to tell my mom about what happened with Anja, but she's still protective, so she might not have let me go over there by myself. I regretted making that decision.