Chapter 44

He abruptly covered my mouth with his hand and inserted his fingers inside of me. I started screaming and then my eyes opened and I was in the bath, but there was no one there.

There was rapid knocking on the door followed by a male voice yelling, "ADETTE!" I tried to talk, but I couldn't open up my mouth. I tried to move my hands and arms, but I couldn't move them either. All I could do was make a humming noise with my mouth trying to scream, but it was not as forceful. 

"ADETTE!" I heard my mom scream and I could feel myself start to cry. 

I tried to yell her name, but nothing was coming. I slowly started to move my fingers and then I started wiggling them. I was breathing heavily and then I heard pounding on the door. I then was able to wiggle my toes and I rolled my ankles slowly. My mouth was able to open and I screamed out. 

"MOM!" I yelled and sobbed harder. "MOM!" 

I was finally able to stand up, so I wrapped a towel around me and I ran out to see Till and Richard with a key. My mom shrieked out and hugged me. I wrapped my arms around her and I squeezed her. 

"M-M-Mom, I couldn't move," I said. 

"I'm right here, Honey," She caressed me. "You're all wet. Do you want to get dressed?"

"Mom, I couldn't move."

I let go of my mom, told her I was getting dressed, and I walked back to the bathroom. I looked at the tub, and it just him me that I was dreaming that man came up to me and fingered me. I shook my head and got dressed, put the towel back, and went into the living room. Neil came up to me and hugged me, then carried me to the couch and kissed me. 

"Where are all the kids?" I asked. 

"They're at a hotel with Paul and Oliver," Christoph answered. 

"When did you take them?"

"When we were acting like we were asleep, we took them right afterwards-well, Paul and Oliver did."

I nodded my head and I cuddled with Neil. 

"What happened?" Till asked. 

"I got up to take a bath," I recalled and explained to them my whole experience. "But I couldn't move and it was so scary." I started to cry. "I was trying to tell you that I was fine, that I was alright, but I couldn't move, Mom! I swear to God, I wasn't ignoring you!"

She got up and rubbed my arm. "I know, I know."

"She had a nightmare this morning," Christoph said. "Wait, last night. Yeah, last night."

"Really?" Richard asked. 

"Where's Flake?" I asked. 

"Sleeping-why does that matter?" Till barked. 

"Do you want to talk to my therapist again?" My mom suggested. 

"Sure," I shrugged my shoulders. "I just want to forget this ever happened and I can't. Mom, how do you deal with it?"

"I don't think about it. I just try to keep my mind off of it and think about what I love."

"And it doesn't help that you just had a fucking miscarriage."

My mom and Till both started crying and I immediately felt bad. 

"I'm sorry," I told them and we all hugged each other for a while. 

"You know that your dad and I love you, right?" My mom smiled and kissed the top of my head. 

"Yeah," I said. "My leg feels kind of better."

"That's good."

"Come here," My dad opened his arms and hugged me. "I'm sorry I've been rude lately."

"It's fine."

"It's not. And I talked to Anja about what you said-she won't be doing it again, alright?"

I smiled, and I grabbed Neil's hand. "I'm tired. Can we go to sleep?"

He nodded his head, and I looked over to Richard who was slouching over. 

"You alright?" I asked him and he just looked up at me and nodded his head. 

I gave everyone a quick hug and then Neil and I laid down in the guest bedroom's bed. I rested on his chest and he stroked my arm. 

"Adette?" He asked. 

"Yes?"

"What can I do to help you?"

"What are you talking about?"

"You're in pain and I can see it. Don't try to tell me otherwise, Adette. I love you so much and I just want to help you, okay? At least while I still can."

"What do you mean?" I sat up scared that he was going to break up with me.

"Lay back down."

"No, tell me."

"I mean before it's too late to make things better."

I laid back down and kissed his shoulder. "Just don't leave, okay? That's what you can do. Do you promise?"

"I promise," He took my hand and kissed it. "I promise."

I had no idea that he had just lied to me.