Chapter 20

"So, you're going to leave just like that without telling me?!" I somehow managed to yell through my fountain of tears. 

"I'm sorry," Neil said. 

"YOU TOLD ME THE DAY OF, NEIL! WHY WOULDN'T YOU TELL ME LAST WEEK?!"

"BECAUSE YOU WERE GOING THROUGH SO MUCH AND I DIDN'T WANT TO TELL YOU!"

"You're leaving in thirty minutes to go to London, Neil!"

"I'm sorry!" 

"IT'S ACTING CLASSES, NEIL! WHY COULDN'T YOU TELL ME?!" I looked at him staring at his shoes. "Go, Neil! Just go! I don't want to look at you! I hope you have a good fucking trip!"

I walked inside and I slammed the door shut, and I locked it. 

"Adette?" Richard asked. 

I went into the kitchen and saw Richard making lunch. 

"Where's Mom?" I asked. 

"She went to the store-are you okay?"

"NEIL IS GOING TO LONDON FOR A MONTH AND HE DIDN'T TELL ME!" I sobbed. 

Richard rushed over to me and caressed my back. "I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault," I sniffed. 

"He doesn't deserve you, anyway."

"No, I don't deserve him. He was doing it because he didn't want to hurt my feelings."

He let go of me and patted my head, making me chuckle. "Want a grilled cheese?"

"Sure," I smiled and I ate lunch with him. 

Talking with Richard was much easier than talking with Till. My mom had never had a relationship after her abusive one, but she loved hanging out with Richard and she was much happier with him. He made her laugh, smile, and even cry of laughter. 

Till and I called each other every single day. This was all a month later, so things were going well for everyone except for me. Every single night, I had nightmares that I was getting raped all over again and it was getting to be too much. I didn't tell my mom or Richard that was happening to me, and I didn't tell them that I wanted to kill myself, either. I wasn't actually going to kill myself, but I really did want to. 

That night while I was sleeping, I had another dream but it was worse-it had some BDSM shit involved. I woke up panting and sweating, and I couldn't take it anymore. I cried and I quietly walked downstairs and found a long rope in the office. I grabbed it and I walked back up to my room and I tied it to my fan and made a hole for my head to go through. 

I slipped my head in there and as soon as I pulled it, my mom walked through the door.